AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am a Cablevision IO subscriber living in NYC. I have had their HD service for about 4 years now.

Has anyone noticed a slight bit of PQ decrease lately? My channels have more digital noise, blotchiness and the colors are no longer as accurate.

I am running HDMI from a 8300HD to my HD70...

Either Cablevision has increased the amount of compression they use or the 772 hours on my bulb & dimming is reducing PQ accuracy. I am more inclined the believe that it's CV since 772 hours is not even the half-life of my 2000hr rated bulb.

Any thoughts?

·
Banned
8,246 Posts
As a general rule, I was under the impression most bulbs had a steep drop off in the beginning of their life and the slope leveled out later in its life meaing that half life could mean it was 3/4 of its quality when new - though not gone completely - but again - I suppose there are differences in all bulbs and I am not familar with most of the specific bulbs out there.

You might want to ask about your specific model in the projectors thread - and in the specific local market thread about Cablevision.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Assume others at the local Cablevision forum could confirm PQ changes, although subtle shifts might elude many. I'd want to see if similar PQ changes were visible with YPbPr viewing compared to HDMI. Also, might be useful to quantify delivered effective resolution by using HDNet's test patterns, if they're available. Just outlined test results etc. earlier today so won't repeat it again. -- John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.