AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think that JVC and d-ila can make a come back. Yes sxrd is not for real yet , but in my mind it is no question about it being superior to d-ila.

What will JVC d-ila fate be in ht?

What will JVC do about D-cinema, will they give that up too?

·
Registered
342 Posts
If SXRD proves to be a breakthrough then I see all projector manufacturers licensing this technology for their products. LCD may become redundant in the next 2 to 5 years.

Wait and see because its just around the corner :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
UK.Steve,

Re-read your post in a year from today if it is still on the server. The SXRD will still be Mythology and you will have a good laugh about that "just around the corner" remark.

If I am wrong I will eat my hat and you can provide me with the "HP Sauce" that you Brits love so much.

Russ

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I'll start a new poll with the real question.

·
Registered
689 Posts
It's a thick brown sauce. It comes in a bottle and they use as readily as we use Heinz catsup. Tastes especially good on your hat when the SXRD comes out next month :)

Russ

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Well Russ Don't use the whole bottle on the hat, save me a just a little.

I don't like Tycoondoggie that much anyway to give him something full and unopened, especially if it's that good.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My question about the projector central review is if the sx-21 had benn calibrated professionaly. There was some mention of less shadow detail than the 7200. Could it not be that after a Phelps calibration that it could be improved?

My open question to JVC is when will you come out with your first real ht front projector. JVC has made projectors that can be used for ht , but they are not designed for it.

A JVC ht design would be

1280x720 panels, smaller and cheaper, full hdtv later

v+h lens shift

motor zoom and focus

great video processing

included dvi input capable of copyrighted material

you can shut of internal processing , pass through mode

A projector like this with a sx-21+ performance at 6-8k$ would be an interesting object for many people.

Come on JVC , go build it now.

·
Registered
27,185 Posts
Why not start with taking care of disgruntled customers of current products.......

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ohlson
you can shut of internal processing , pass through mode
I don't know if you knew this, but the SX21 can be mapped 1:1 via the RGB and DVI ports. As far as I know, it's the only D-ILA/LCOS projector that can do this (without wacky Powerstrip porch manipulations anyway).

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Really its ONLY the G150 and Hitachi's that do have a problem.. All the early G1x models did it no problem...

The G150 can work with 'wacky powerstrip manipulations' for both RGB and DVI but exhibit noise on RGB and the bandwidth is higher on DVI meaning a short or optical cable may be needed....

For the Hitachi its clean 1280x1024 via DVI or noisy 1:1 mapping over RGB... I still use the DVI !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.