AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I upgraded my main box to a 2.4 p4 with an P4PE asus mb, 256 ram, holo3d, pixelview xcapture, maudio audiophile 2496 and a radeon 7500, XP sp1 + bluetooth

After the upgrade I was having huge problems with the audiophile, basically whenever I played a DVD I got very, very stuttery/slow video with somtimes with clicking from the amp. When I tried winamp it starts up plays for a second or two and then hangs with no sound from the amp. This happens on both of my XP partitions.

I have tried reinstalling the beta WDM drivers twice now but this doesn't seem to help.

Has anybody seen anything similar and solved it or is my card dead....

Eventually I enabled the MB sound and that works well but I'd like to go back the the audiophile if possible or at least know it's not broken.

John

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Yep, pull out all of your PCI cards, and put the M-Audio in a different slot. Try having only the M-audio card in and nothing else and see if it works. If it does, keep putting cards back in until it doesn't anymore. Watch the IRQ listings as you put the cards in (the text page on bootup before it hits the hard drive) and see what is sharing IRQ's and try to isolate the M-Audio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.