AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be the opinion of posters in the TiVo forum.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Since when do the opinions of posters in the Tivo forum matter?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The answer is...

not exactly...

As I understand it, Panasonic isn't going to be making any more stand alones. They will probably continue making the combo units, and they are theones manufacturing the 4000s -- for ReplayTV/Sonic Blue.

So even if Panasonic doesn't continue to MARKET ReplayTV's, they are the ones making the 4000s

Here are the rsponses from replaysteve in http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=36802

[bold]"Panasonic continues to ship the modem-based Showstopper. We have no announced plans to ship a new modem-based unit, but we are developing our product plans for next year right now. We have no announced plans for a software update to the current installed base. We'll probably make some changes to the installed base over time (bug fixes and stuff), but I wouldn't expect any huge new features.

Please don't worry about the ReplayTV Service getting shut off. We have maintained a reliable service, and will continue to do so. Frankly, we find the swirl of speculation around that to be exhausting and completely inaccurate.

On the above comment that we have conceded the low-end business. I'd say that's true for now, but not necessarily for the long term - especially as broadband access becomes a mass market (there are 10MM already, and 74% of our users have broadband at their home).

I want to make it clear to you all that Panasonic is STILL SHIPPING the Showstopper. So for people who don't have DSL or cable modem, they can still get a ReplayTV."[/bold]

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.