AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what's happening with RentMyDVD? They don't answer my emails and they have stopped shipping me movies even though I have only two movies out.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I had pretty much the same problem... no movies shipped after about Oct. 10th, even though there were plenty on my wish list. All titles showed suddenly as "high demand", by the way... even though they hadn't been before.

After a couple of emails back and forth -- they did answer the first one, but not later ones -- I went ahead and cancelled. I sure wasn't getting my money's worth. I'll just rent locally for a while.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jamoka
I complained about not getting any discs and they gave me a free 1 month extension to my subscription.:) Joe
And have you gotten regular DVD shipments since then?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have serious doubts they will be around in February. Unless they have a corporate policy of pissing off customers as a way to handle 'High Demand' being listed on every dvd on my wishlist. Maybe that is the way they handle inventory (get rid of customers and everything is 'Available' again).

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I have yet to have been able to find a single film in stock from those turkeys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A while back when they were still acting like they might care, they gave me a 5.00 credit when I complained (so I could continue to enjoy their pathetic service). Buh bye!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm so mad I don't even care whether they send me more disks or not anymore. I jumped ship from Netflix about 2 years ago and was quite happy with their service. But then I made a HUGE mistake by purchasing a 12-month subscription in March thinking I was getting a good deal. Things went downhill around July/August. I could hardly get any disks from them. Everything are in high demand and I have around 50 in my wish list, most of them old movies (I have long given up getting new releases). Emails didn't help much. I can hardly wait for March 2003 to come around so I can officially dump them and get my DVDs elsewhere.

I'm thinking I can probably set up an online DVD rental company and purchase just ONE copy of every DVD that is for rent. Well, some lucky customers are going to get that one copy, but for others, sorry, the DVDs are in HIGH DEMAND!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I made that same mistake, though I purchased my 12-month subscription in January. The 12-month offer was probably a desparate attempt to raise cash. Bet you don't get another single disk from them. I think they are gone for good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.