AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the threads involving Samsung problems seem to revolve around bad caps and bad tab bonds. I know that all manufacturers have solved their cap problems, and I don't really read anything about Samsung tab bonds except as it relates to TVs that are at least 3 years old. So has Samsung solved these problems once and for all, or is it too early to tell yet?

Or Is there a new (and equally unwelcome) shoe ready to drop when it comes to Samsung reliability?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personally I'd trust Samsung's build quality over someone like Vizio any day.
I have five Samsungs in my house, bought one for my mother and one for my mother-in-law. They all perform well. The oldest one (my mother's first set) had the cap problem. I bought her a new set, repaired the one with bad caps for $14 and put that set into service in front of my treadmill.

I wouldn't think of another brand. That said, I still do my homework before buying pretty much anything. I've been studying 4K for a while and maybe that will be next at some point.

YMMV, just saying. Who knows for certain about that next shoe?

Good luck,
Skip

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input.

The only reason I've been concerned is that I've recommended the UN**H7150 in the 65" or 75" size (TS01 panel, obviously) to my wife's grandson, based on my own positive impressions of the same model in the 46" version, and I didn't want to steer him wrong if he's paying anywhere from $1500 to $3300 on a new TV.

When and if either (or both) of my LG TVs becomes irreparable, I'm probably going to get the UN46H7150 for myself.

·
Registered
18,853 Posts
Thanks for the input.

The only reason I've been concerned is that I've recommended the UN**H7150 in the 65" or 75" size (TS01 panel, obviously) to my wife's grandson, based on my own positive impressions of the same model in the 46" version, and I didn't want to steer him wrong if he's paying anywhere from $1500 to $3300 on a new TV.

When and if either (or both) of my LG TVs becomes irreparable, I'm probably going to get the UN46H7150 for myself.
For me, when our LG bites the dust, LG is who I will look at first. I much prefer the S-IPS panel over the S-PVA panel. Blacks aren't as good on the S-IPS but off-axis viewing is miles ahead of the S-PVA panels. I'd rather give up a little black than basically be relegated to sitting dead-on-center of my panel to get the best viewing experience.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For me, when our LG bites the dust, LG is who I will look at first. I much prefer the S-IPS panel over the S-PVA panel. Blacks aren't as good on the S-IPS but off-axis viewing is miles ahead of the S-PVA panels. I'd rather give up a little black than basically be relegated to sitting dead-on-center of my panel to get the best viewing experience.
I can't honestly say I've been impressed with the PQ of the 2015 LG models. Of course, saying that, the only place I've seen them turned on as of yet is the BB next door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.