AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While most of us are completely trying to hide our HTPCs...

Silverstone creates a geek case to show off your harddrive ?!!! WTF?

http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/review.php?id=320

Oh well, maybe it's just me.

And one more thing...they still haven't improved the drive cage on this case (see my LC-20 mini-review). It doesn't take a genius to make a decent drive cage, and make it easy to remove/replace. Silverstone does some nice stuff, but their drive cages suck.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The best feature of this is the 6 hard drive bays, something vital to HTPC setups without a server.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I think it's almost as dumb as the neon lighted towers with side windows and nuclear logos or skulls or other silly stuff cut in the metal but to each their own. That stuff was all the rage for a long time and I still see them everywhere.

However yank out the plastic and slap a LCD screen in that space and it could be back to something a bit less cheesy.

How loud would a raptor be right on the other side of the plastic anyway?

I don't really get this whole big deal about raptor drives either. If you want fast you have much better options from 10-15k rpm scsi solutions, some in the same price range.

Troy

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think it looks great, but it is the wrong target audience Gamers want raptors. I think it has a kind of old school class look like reel to reel.

People would buy15k drives if there were SATA but average user and slightly above don't like to mess with controller cards and they dont want to pay for them. it needs to be integrated into the mobo.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcCinema /forum/post/0

However yank out the plastic and slap a LCD screen in that space and it could be back to something a bit less cheesy.

Troy

I thght of the something simular when I 1st saw the case a while back. Except that I would use one of those large graphics LED displays. The ones that can be progm'd for various text/lanquages and graphic images. But the case would prob cost too much to start modding it since it all aluminum.

·
Registered
764 Posts
To answer your question.

Yes, they've lost their minds.

BT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.