AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, "Has LCD/LED TV technology improved significantly in 4 years?"

I purchased a Visio M65-C1 in February 2016. Looking at paper specs it seems like new technology like QLED things have not really improved significantly, like about 25%. I know it is an unfair comparison since new TVs are really bright with super saturated colors. But it seems when I see the new QLEDs they are superior in terms of brightness and contrast, and more brands are coming out. I don't know if HDR+ makes a difference.

I am particularly interested in performance in a bright room. I doubt I would consider OLEDs due to cost, but from what I read in a really bright room they would be a wasted of money.

Just wondering if I should be thinking about a new TV this fall (or black Friday sale). If I want one, I need to start saving now. I have a great surround sound system and Roku so sound and SMART TV is irrelevant. Though I want to go to between 75 and 85 inches, that is no reason to for me to get a new TV.

Thank you for your thoughts.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
The problem is that some manufacturers kind of switched to OLED. Because of that there are significant less LCD product development efforts last few years. Mainly the chinese try to improve LCD tech these days. Look at miniLED LCD and Dual Layer LCD chinese chinese chinese chinese….

1 - 2 of 2 Posts