AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Considering Olympic's decision to air some sports and events in 3D means that it has not burst yet. We know for a fact that TV manufacturers are coming up with different ways to boost the declining 3D excitement like Google teaming up with Sony and LG for the Google TVs, LG developed a 3D (FPR) that makes the glasses light and affordable, Vizio, LG, Samsung, Sony, and Panasonic are embellishing their smart TV system with the latest entertainment apps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
With the little content that is available the TV makers need to come up with a way to make 3d TVs cost not much more than a non-3d set. Maybe this decline in 3d enthusiasm will push them to find ways of doing that, and more 3d sets purchased would mean more 3d content. With a little luck this could be a blessing, but I'm probably just wishful thinking.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I think you have it backwards. Now that some providers are broadcasting the Olympics in 3D (not Dish network Bad for Me) more people wish the had 3D ready hardware. The more 3D content the more likely people could use there 3D hardware and the more would buy it.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quisp65  /t/1420417/has-the-3-d-hype-bubble-finally-burst#post_22259285

With the little content that is available the TV makers need to come up with a way to make 3d TVs cost not much more than a non-3d set. Maybe this decline in 3d enthusiasm will push them to find ways of doing that, and more 3d sets purchased would mean more 3d content. With a little luck this could be a blessing, but I'm probably just wishful thinking.

Mitsubishi TVs do not cost any extra for 3D, and they were 3D capable years before the other brands. One can also get a bigger screen for less money. For example, 73" Mitsubishi 3DTVs can be found on sale for under $1200. http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-73640-73-Inch-1080p-Projection/dp/B004ZL2OOU

1 - 8 of 8 Posts