AVS Forum banner

Has your PS3 ever frozen/crashed/overheated while in use?

• No, it's been running alright so far.

Votes: 73 70.2%
  • Yes, it has happened just once before.

Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Yes, it has happened more than once.

Votes: 17 16.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard a few stories, especially for store demos, about problems like this, but I want to see in general what other PS3 owners have been experiencing.

Please don't take this thread the wrong way. I've noticed a little "fanboy" tension lately in some cases, and I just want to point out that I'm not trying to bash or give a bad reputation to the system. If anything, this thread is more to (hopefully) ease my mind than anything else.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I haven't had it happen yet on PS3, but I am thinking this will happened sooner or later it happened like the 1st week I owned 360 so my thioughts are freezing and crashing might just be common this generation, don't own a Wii yet though.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I got my PS3 on launch (Nov. 17th) and Its been running very quietly and not heating up at all.... no problems with Blu-ray movies or PS3 or PS2 games either.

No freezing, crashing or overheating. I have 2 friends with units as well and only 1 reported a problem, but I suspect it was more his fault, he quit a game while it was loading something... but thats it, nothing after that for him either.

Smooth sailing for us so far....

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Mine crashed once. During the initial setup (making my PSN ID) Thats the only time it ever crashed. I've heard a couple of people having the same issue during the PSN ID phase. But since then. Smooth as butter.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
One lockup/crash in R:FoM single player loading and one in God of War.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
The only problem I've experienced was one time when the PS3 locked up after it finished downloading a demo from the PS Store on the first night. I had spent about 6 hours downloading demos that night before it happened, though.

No problems since then.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Mine crashed on me when playing Formula One demo. Prior to crashing i did moderate multi-tasking e.g; listening to tunes and browsing the net. It hasn't crashed lately only that one time.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Crashed for the first time last night while playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance. But it happened during the loading screen, and it wasn't like my PS2s never did that. The PS2 launch unit, modded PS2, and slim PS2 I owned would freeze during the loading screen that every once in awhile.

Out of all 3 of those, the modded PS2 was the only one unit I consistent problems and eventually broke down.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I voted no problems but the poll needs to be made public so you can see who voted what.

Without that the poll is worthless as Trolls will come in & vote to make the PS3 look bad.

·
Registered
10,397 Posts
Nothing like that here.

I did see a crashed setup at Gamestop though. (Actually it was just not responding to the controller which come to think of it could be the way it was setup or maybe they just rigged it to look crashed because they are always like trying to talk people out of PS3 and saying they melt and stuff.)

-Brian

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine gets a bit hot , however it is not standing vertical.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton /forum/post/0

Nothing like that here.

I did see a crashed setup at Gamestop though. (Actually it was just not responding to the controller which come to think of it could be the way it was setup or maybe they just rigged it to look crashed because they are always like trying to talk people out of PS3 and saying they melt and stuff.)

-Brian

BB had a crashed one too ,but it was in a non vented glass box. What idiots.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
The poll is putting together very different things: frozen/crashed/overheated

- When a game freezes/hangs, it's most often a game code issue.

- I'm not sure what is meant by "crashed".

- "overheated" would clearly be a hardware issue.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Never any crashes or lockups...from Nov 17th till now. No controller loss of syncs, no problems with my wireless router, nothing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.