AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put the T/S and it won't accept them. These are based on a SS Rpl 15 D4 wired in parallel ala SteveCallas.

Qts - 0.417

Qes - 0.450

Qms - 5.560

Fs - 22.771 Hz

Res - 1.54 Ohm

Ls - 1.001 mH

Lp - 2.541 mH

Rp - 1.949 Ohm

Dia - 330 m

(% shift) - 24.5%

Vas - 173.5 L

Mms - 289.1 g

Cms - 168.9 m/N

BL - 11.89 T*m

n0 - 437.6 m

Spl/Sens - 88.41 dB

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Winisd is finicky. Try just putting in qes, qms, fs, re, vas, and xmax. It'll fill in the rest for you.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/0

Winisd is finicky. Try just putting in qes, qms, fs, re, vas, and xmax. It'll fill in the rest for you.

Exactly what I did and it's really pissing me off!

·
Registered
475 Posts
With your given data, here is how you should enter it into the program. The "auto calculate" box in the Driver editor window should be checkmarked. After entering each data, press the tab key to skip to the next block and let the program do its calculations.

1. Input Mms and Cms. Fs will be calculated.

2. Input Bl and Re. Qes is calculated at .451

3. You don't have Sd given, so enter Vas. Now Sd, Dd, SPL and no is calculated.

Note that numbers that are calculated are close to, but don't exactly match, some of your given data. That is fine.

4. Input Qms. Calculated are Qts, Rms.

5. Input 2 in voice coils.

You can successfully save this database now. Now you can click New Project again and find your named driver in the scroll list. Bring it up and press the tab "show parameters" to see what is missing.

There are some missing parameters that are important in modeling for cone excursion limits: Xmax and Pe. Find out what those are for this driver and you can add them to the database at any time. Otherwise, you should be able to do a workup on what you have now.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks stevdart! I will try it out and let you know.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I just tried it in the usual fashion and it worked fine.

I input the following parameters, in this order:

Qes

Qms

Fs

Mms

Re

Le (use Ls)

Dd

Xmax

The auto-calculated parameters closely match the given ones from your data. It saved fine.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
oops, sorry, forgot about mms and le.

·
Registered
776 Posts
What do you use for Dd? Soundsplinter does not list Dd in there parameters. Do you use Dia for Dd?

" I just tried it in the usual fashion and it worked fine.

I input the following parameters, in this order:

Qes

Qms

Fs

Mms

Re

Le (use Ls)

Dd

Xmax

The auto-calculated parameters closely match the given ones from your data. It saved fine. "

This way does not work for me. It will save but the parameters for vas and SPL are way off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.