AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Tweeter @ Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA yesterday and was astonished. They were actually showing HD material on their HD sets! The SD football broadcasts were relegated to the SD sets. Most of the HD sets were showing an episode of CSI (I think). So, it looks like someone's using some brains to try to sell HD sets.


-noah
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,839 Posts
Yes, Tweeter has come a long way recently. The local stores here in the Chicago market are doing the same. The now closed "Douglas TV" store moved across rt.59 to the Tweeter Aurora store. They are also opening a store at 75th and Lemont here in Downers Grove. I am trying to get involved in the setup of that store through my local Tweeter contacts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Although I can't understand why they have a tv spot with a 16:9 HDTV with a 4:3 image (the gospel choir). :rolleyes:



(They do however have my undying gratitute because it was a Tweeter display that convinced my wife to allow the funding for my hobby.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,771 Posts
Tweeter in Orange CT is doing a great job. They have one wall lined with 16x9 HDTV's and all of them are showing HDNet. They will switch it to HBO if you want to see a film in HDTV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts

Originally posted by Marc G

Although I can't understand why they have a tv spot with a 16:9 HDTV with a 4:3 image (the gospel choir). :rolleyes:



Hey Marc

The television in the commercial spot is an RCA model # P52152ST, it was my first RPTV that I bought back in 1992! it's not a 16:9 set. I think it's funny that they're using such an old model to get people in to buy new HDTV's, I went to my local Tweeter here in San Diego and ran into the same salesman who sold me the TV, it was ahead of it's time in style & multiple inputs. We couldn't figure out why they would use a 4:3 set to pitch HDTV?

This store was still showing the old DirecTV demo loop.


-Lonnie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FatNoah
I went to Tweeter @ Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA yesterday and was astonished. They were actually showing HD material on their HD sets! The SD football broadcasts were relegated to the SD sets. Most of the HD sets were showing an episode of CSI (I think). So, it looks like someone's using some brains to try to sell HD sets.


-noah
It's good to hear that they are still doing a great job up there.


I have a warm place in my heart for that Harvard Square Tweeter, as I was one of the managers of it in the early 70's when Tweeter was just 3 stores.


Even back then, we always tried to be ahead of the curve when it came to new technology. When Henry Kloss introduced the Novabeam, I believe we were the first dealer in the world for it and remodeled the store to display it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
I must say that Tweeter has put on the best displays for HDTV that I have seen anywhere, and is my favorite store to browse and check out the "new" stuff, but at least out in Auburn MA they could still use some training for the high school based sales staff. They fed me a lot of misinformation. The older sales staff seemed adequate though, probably the managers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SUTTONHT
I must say that Tweeter has put on the best displays for HDTV that I have seen anywhere, and is my favorite store to browse and check out the "new" stuff, but at least out in Auburn MA they could still use some training for the high school based sales staff. They fed me a lot of misinformation. The older sales staff seemed adequate though, probably the managers.
First I would like to mention that when I drive by the North Attleboro Tweeter across from Emerald Square Mall, my 5 year old and two year old both yell out "let's go to daddy's favorite store". Secondly SUTTONHT, you can rest easy because my friend Dave is a new manager there in the Auburn store and he knows his stuff, ask for him if you go in.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top