AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been wondering for a long time that which TV-card should i buy. i'm left to two (or actually three ;) selections ->

- Hauppauge WinTV Theater (or WinTV FM)

- Pinnacle Studio PCTV Pro

can anyone give me any recommendations or opinions which i should get? i just simply want to know which is the best? all the cards are available almost at same price where i live.

i've heard Hauppuage WinTV Theater is completely the same card as Hauppauge WinTV FM, but it has only added Dolby Pro Logic decoder is this true? can this decoder do any harm when capturing -> eg. can it somehow ****up the sound? (i mean that it doesn't stay as Dolby Pro Logic because it's already been decoded by Theater or something like that)?!

i don't have any kind of Dolby equipment so the decoder chip is kind of useless for me. but still my friend has Dolby equipment and if i buy WinTV FM or PCTV Pro is it possible to capture (to eg. VCD) the sounds from broadcasts which use Dolby Pro Logic and play it back correctly (on hi's DVD) or do i need WinTV Theater for capturing Dolby Pro Logic signal?

another thing i was wondering about was the article about TV-cards i read from tomshardware.com and in the features table it reads that Hauppauge doesn't support 16:9, but then there reads that Pinnacle supports 16:9. i know 16:9 is widescreen, but what does this mean in practice?

check it out yourself --->
http://www6.tomshardware.com/video/0...vcards-06.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.