AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 625 Posts

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 /forum/post/19582073

Identical in purpose, hopefully improved like the PVR 250 was vs the PVR-PCI.

Sweet, just dusted off my HD PVR this weekend and would definitely prefer an approach that doesn't require an extra box

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
At least it shouldn't suffer the lockups the 1212 was notorious for...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What do you suppose the power consumption will be?

More importantly, would my Antec-ISK300 with 150W PSU be able to handle it in addition to my Intel i3-530, 2x1GB DDR3 RAM, slim DVD drive, Intel V series SSD?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm75 /forum/post/19625816

Hmm i was about to get a 1212 hd-pvr usb device, but if there is a low profile colossus due out any time soon, this would be better to wait for i guess, so long as it isnt a long wait.

I sent an email to their tech support.. the one person said he did not believe it was going to be low profile, which is a major disappointment.. he also said it would probably be released January 2011.

·
Registered
245 Posts
is it known yet whether multiple devices can be used in one system?

i'd read that the current hd-pvr only allows for one device to be connected to the computer.

will the new card allow for a multi-tuner setup?

·
Registered
245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 /forum/post/19709301

You can have multiple HD PVRs in one PC, I think there's someone on the SageTV forums with at least 4 in their system.

oh, ok. well that's great.

i asked because on TGB forums, it has been said you can only have one HD-PVR per WMC machine.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That looks really nice. I've been having good luck with my 1212, but I'm really, really interested in replacing it. This looks like it will do the trick... now, do I have a PCI-e slot??? Hmmm...

·
Registered
131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantmacga /forum/post/19710008

oh, ok. well that's great.

i asked because on TGB forums, it has been said you can only have one HD-PVR per WMC machine.

That is likely with reference to the native Hauppauge HD PVR Windows 7 Media Center initiative directly from Hauppauge. This is a free beta solution though. The DVBLink for Hauppauge HD PVR solution has multiple Hauppauge HD PVR unit support if I recall correctly. Its not a free solution though. The way I understand it, over at the DVBLink forums, they intend to support the new Hauppauge Colossus HD PVR and will begin development as soon as they get sample hardware.

I have had good luck with my 2x Hauppauge HD PVR units. However, if the Colossus comes with better out of the box Windows 7 Media Center support for free I could see buying one or two. Especially so if the price remains a reasonable ~$159.99.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Check out the special $129 offer deal for Colossus only for - our Facebook friends! (do keep in mind that this per-order meaning it will be shipping soon and I'm sure there set limet on them)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hauppa...88024431224610

or
http://store.hauppauge.com/AddToShop...?ProductID=115

But when they do run out you have use this link and paid full price $169 (do keep in mind that this per-order meaning it will be shipping soon)
http://store.hauppauge.com/hardware2...oduct=colossus

1 - 20 of 625 Posts