AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i'm having a bit of an issue with my newly built htpc and this seems to be the best place to come for help. It's a really strange issue i'm having. My HTPC is based on Vista Ultimate x64, and my hardware is as follows:

AMD Athlon x2 4800+

ATI HD3850 256Mb

Supertalent 2x1Gb DDR2 RAM

MSI K9N-SLI motherboard

Hauppauge HVR-1800 Tv Tuner

I've had this computer built for a while now (minus the tuner), but i have always been running xp on it and it's worked flawlessly. The issue i'm having it whenever i try to go to live tv, the whole system freezes. It doesn't respond to any input, i have to press the reset button for it to do anything. This happens both in Media Centre and the WinTV app from hauppauge. This is a fresh install of vista, all i have installed is the newest drivers for the graphics card and a D-link usb wireless network adatper. Everything else works perfect, except for the live tv.

I've tried calling microsoft and hauppauge, and nothing they've said has helped. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers multiple times, reinstalled the OS and even exchanged the tv tuner for a new one, but nothing has helped.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Too have the Same Problem ;

I have recently purchased a;

Hauppauge 1128 WinTV-HVR-1800 Internal Hybrid TV Tuner/Video Recorder

From Amazon.com on 08-07-2008

The total Hardware components inside are as follows;

Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard Memory Bundle - OCZ Dual Channel Platinum 4096MB PC10666 DDR3 1333MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB)

Intel Core2Quad Q9450 Bx Core2Quad [email protected]

Diamond Radeon HD 3870 X2 Video Card - 1GB GDDR3, PCI Express, CrossFireX Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HTDV, HDMI Support, Video Card

Hauppauge 1128 WinTV-HVR-1800 Internal Hybrid TV Tuner/Video Recorder

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit DSP OEM DVD with SP1

Sony BDU-X10S Internal Blu-ray Disc BD-ROM Drive and DVD-ROM - SATA, 2x BD-ROM, 8x DVD-ROM, 2x BD-ROM, 24x CD Read, 8x DVD Read

When installing windows Vista Ultimate 64 the system will crash if the Hauppauge 1128 WinTV-HVR-1800 is installed on the computer when loading Vista 64 Ultimate

We have reloaded the system and ran all possible Vista & Intel updates up to current and tried to install the software for Hauppauge 1128 WinTV-HVR-1800 the software would install but every time we tried to access it using Windows Media Center the system would Crash or in would run to a couple of seconds and then it would crash.

So we pulled the Hauppauge 1128 WinTV-HVR-1800 card re-installed windows vista 64 & Intel updates brought it all up to current and ran with if for a couple of days and the system is stable and works fine so that eliminates all other hardware.

I am wonder if you have been having compatibility issues with Vista 64 or is it possible that the card itself has an issue I am reading every where else of the same problem.

Please Advise

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I did see a report a few days ago that the Hauppauge WinTV6 program is not supported on Vista 64.

So if you have it installed I would uninstall it leaving only the 1800 Vista drivers and then try TV using MC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with walford. I'm currently running a Vista 64 Ultimate system I put togther a few weeks ago. I didnt install the WinTV app and the television in VMC works as it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts