AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I downloaded and installed Windows 7 beta version and I was trying to use the included Media Center for recording and watching tv. As I go through the setup though, it says it cannot detect any IR Transmitters to control my cable box. I have an old Hauppauge PVR-150 tv tuner with its bundled IR Blaster. It works fine in Beyond TV.

Is there any way to either make windows recognize it or at least somehow get through that step ? I can always just change the channel on the box manually.

thanks

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
The 150 card is sold in different configurations the standard version comes with a Hauppauge remote and Hauppauge IR blaster. The 150 MCE remote comes with a MCE compatible remote IR receiver and blaster.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if I have the standard IR blaster is there no way to configure Media Center with my tv tuner?

·
Registered
242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulo /forum/post/15559092

Hello

I downloaded and installed Windows 7 beta version and I was trying to use the included Media Center for recording and watching tv. As I go through the setup though, it says it cannot detect any IR Transmitters to control my cable box. I have an old Hauppauge PVR-150 tv tuner with its bundled IR Blaster. It works fine in Beyond TV.

s

I have this same setup and same issue with Windows MC. However, I am also having a problem with BTV. I see BTV sending the signal to the satellite box but the channel does not change. I have run the IRCFG application and it works fine, change channel and turn the sat . box off.

Did you have to do anything special for BTV?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts