AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a Hauppauge PVR-350 card to put in my Dell Dimension 8100 PC. I can't seem to get it to work, and I was hoping that the folks here might have some experience in the arcana of getting Hauppauge and Dell to work properly together.

On the other hand, if this is just a bad idea, what PVR card might work better in this machine?

It's a Dimension 8100 with 768 meg RAM, one 40G drive and one 80G drive, nVidia GeForce MX, Sound Blaster Live Value, and WinXP Home..

I have these problems currently:

1) After recording a while, the video gets blocky/blurry, and finally turns into nothing more than a series of stills.

2) The scheduler often seems to "lose" scheduled programs. They don't get recorded, and disappear from the scheduled programs list.

3) Often when recording I get the "this application needs to close" error box, and WinTV2000 crashes.

Hauppauge suggested installing the card in another slot in the computer, then totally deinstalling/reinstalling the drivers/software. I've tried this, using a number of the available slots, to no avail.

I can return it to Hauppauge, but if there's a way to get it working, I'd rather keep it. I figure my best shot at getting it working is to ask the folks here.

Thanks for any help/info you may be able to provide.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.