AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5201 Posts

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
It is quite pretty, really. I had hoped it would not be butt ugly.

I wonder if I can control it with my MCE remote...using one of the IR buds from it.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS /forum/post/13555806

Yes

Wow, that's unexpected. If it has dual inputs and is still expected to go for ~$250 or so this looks 100% better to me then it did before.

Chris

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ChrisL01 I find out for sure if it dual inputs but farI can tell it look like a dual inputs but then agiane as JoelGordon said Probably one is passthrough

·
Registered
208 Posts
Indeed the second sets of component connectors are most likely outputs, based on another report that "The second SPDIF connector is labeled on the PCB as SPDIF out."

·
Registered
331 Posts
So how will this work? Is it intended to work with WinTV? If so, how will you change the channel? I do not see any IR ports where you could pass the IR signal to the settop box (unless there is a single port by the USB port).

Will it come with MCE or VMC drivers and look like a capture card over the USB port if someone wants to use it like that? Same thing with the optical SPDIF - one input and one output. Coaxial SPDIF would have been nice too.

If it integrated well with digital cable and MCE 2005, then I would be more likely to upgrade to digital cable from the analog cable I have now. (I currently get my local HD channels with an ATSC tuner)

I agree with the other poster that the component connectors are likely pass-thru - one set in and one set out.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
looks very nice

if it integrates perfectly into VMC I may jump

I still may wait for a similar unit that can encode with higher bitrates though

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is only one set of Component, RCA Audio and SPDIF connector inputs. The set above are the loop throughs.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Very cool pictures, a question I have though: will it only output h.264 to the pc or can it pass mpeg2 straight through??

And, has the unit been made ready to Sage TV so that support is in place?

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
How long until a Vista Media Center plug in?

I also want to use my MCE remote to change channels, etc. I can just have my cable box change the channels, and let the HD PVR be just a pass through device to the MCE.

Will the preorder page also include specs, user manual, etc., so we can read up on it?

Delaying until June is a good thing, I am out of money!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
The Box looks nice, but.....

Really wish Hauppauge would spend another 50 cents to upgrade that ancient retread $2 remote. I have the same one from their Media MPV device and another clone of it from my Hauppauge Satellite card. I'm sure if I dug my old Hauppauge PVR card out of the attic... it would be the same old tired $2 remote. Looks like every other Chinese el-cheepo remote on the market.

C'mon Hauppauge, time to update your product with a better remote.

1 - 20 of 5201 Posts