AVS Forum banner

2801 - 2820 of 5201 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd /forum/post/14819998

I wrote a sample C# app that shows how to build the graph programmatically and posted it at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...w#post14630815

I added the filters by CLSID but you can also add them by name. Take a look at DirectShow.Net samples for how to do that. If you have trouble, I've got some code somewhere showing how to do it. As for multiple devices, you would need to add by name and select the first device, second device, etc...

Here is a way to work with multiple devices. In the sample app I linked, comment out lines 68, 69 and 70 of MainForm.cs:
Code:
Code:
//IBaseFilter capture = DirectShowLib.Utils.FilterGraphTools.AddFilterByName(graphBuilder, FilterCategory.VideoInputDevice, "Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device");
            //IBaseFilter crossbar = DirectShowLib.Utils.FilterGraphTools.AddFilterByName(graphBuilder, FilterCategory.AMKSCrossbar, "Hauppauge HD PVR Crossbar");
            //IBaseFilter encoder = DirectShowLib.Utils.FilterGraphTools.AddFilterByName(graphBuilder, FilterCategory.WDMStreamingMultiplexerDevices, "Hauppauge HD PVR Encoder");
Then add the following right below it. Adjust "deviceToAdd" to the device number you want to use:
Code:
Code:
IBaseFilter capture = null;
            IBaseFilter crossbar = null;
            IBaseFilter encoder = null;

List captureDevices = new List();
            List crossbarDevices = new List();
            List encoderDevices = new List();
            DsDevice[] devices;
            int deviceToAdd = 0; // Use a 0 based value. 0 = first device, 1 = second device, etc.

devices = DsDevice.GetDevicesOfCat(FilterCategory.AMKSCapture);
            for (int i = 0; i  deviceToAdd)
            {
                DsDevice device = captureDevices[deviceToAdd];
                hr = graphBuilder.AddSourceFilterForMoniker(device.Mon, null, device.Name, out capture);
                DsError.ThrowExceptionForHR(hr);
            }
            if (crossbarDevices.Count > deviceToAdd)
            {
                DsDevice device = crossbarDevices[deviceToAdd];
                hr = graphBuilder.AddSourceFilterForMoniker(device.Mon, null, device.Name, out crossbar);
            }
            if (encoderDevices.Count > deviceToAdd)
            {
                DsDevice device = encoderDevices[deviceToAdd];
                hr = graphBuilder.AddSourceFilterForMoniker(device.Mon, null, device.Name, out encoder);
            }

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I captured some more files tonight.

720p clips worked fine, I was using varible peak(10/13max) to capture some baseball highlights(GO PHILS!), they looked pretty good, a solid 4 out of 5 in terms of quality. However the AC3 audio seemed to trip up skipping forward in Media Player Classic(CoreAVC Pro), it would destroy the AV sync. It also could make VLC crash sometimes when pulling the slider forward. But VLC handled it pretty well, including seeking. TM Theatre handled scanning forwards and backwards fine, I could not make it crash. I tried playing an older file with the AAC audio, it was much sharper and not as good sounding as the AC3 files, even only with my 2ch speakers on my PC.

I then switched the DVR box output to 1080i. Results were not as good, the video wasn't as smooth, and much more blocking was present. 1080i files also crashed VLC upon startup. TMT handled it fine, but the quality still was noticibly worse than 720p files. I'd say 3 out of 5, on the lower end of a "3".

I am glad most of the stuff I'll be capturing is on ESPN, so it's 720p so I dont have to worry about any loss there. But these clips off TBSHD looked much better when letting the DVR scale down to 720p, then capturing in 720p.

No issues with lockups or anything, although I did shut down and reopen TME almost every time.

·
Registered
16,442 Posts
Since Arcsoft's Totalmedia Extreme will only play back in 2 ch. I guess I need to load a media player that will play 5.1. Sounds like people are using VLC, Media Player Classic etc. These play 5.1 from Arcsoft's new firmware files (?) but will any of them burn 5.1 AVCHD on to DVD/ DVD DL's directly or is that yet another program?

I take it the Hauppauge supplied remote control only works with some media players. Anyone have that list? Is the remote really just a standard Windows media center remote?

·
Registered
83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 /forum/post/14821575

I captured some more files tonight.

720p clips worked fine, I was using varible peak(10/13max) to capture some baseball highlights(GO PHILS!), they looked pretty good, a solid 4 out of 5 in terms of quality. However the AC3 audio seemed to trip up skipping forward in Media Player Classic(CoreAVC Pro), it would destroy the AV sync. It also could make VLC crash sometimes when pulling the slider forward. But VLC handled it pretty well, including seeking. TM Theatre handled scanning forwards and backwards fine, I could not make it crash. I tried playing an older file with the AAC audio, it was much sharper and not as good sounding as the AC3 files, even only with my 2ch speakers on my PC.

I then switched the DVR box output to 1080i. Results were not as good, the video wasn't as smooth, and much more blocking was present. 1080i files also crashed VLC upon startup. TMT handled it fine, but the quality still was noticibly worse than 720p files. I'd say 3 out of 5, on the lower end of a "3".

I am glad most of the stuff I'll be capturing is on ESPN, so it's 720p so I dont have to worry about any loss there. But these clips off TBSHD looked much better when letting the DVR scale down to 720p, then capturing in 720p.

No issues with lockups or anything, although I did shut down and reopen TME almost every time.

I noticed this right away back in July that I had issues with 1080i files. They would capture correctly, but I had issues cutting them with H.264TSCutter. After a cut, the video would stutter like it was running at 5 frames a second while the audio went on correctly. I set my DVR to only output 720p and all has been well since.

Last week I tried to capture from my HDV camcorder (which is only 1080i) and the results from that were rather poor. Burning to an AVCHD and playing on the PS3 resulted in video that stuttered the entire time. MPC Home Cinema wouldn't play it at all. MPC did ok with it. ArcSoft TME did ok with it as well.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
how is the 5.1 treating everyone?

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danxmanly /forum/post/14800365

Pass through works fine.. so probably not a bad cable. Have determined a couple of other things while trying to isolate the problem.

1) Can view standard def, record standard def, and playback standard def files I record through TME with optical hooked up and it's fine.

2) As soon as I switch to a high def channel to preview and record, and optical is hooked up ( no RCA's plugged in ) it sounds like it's playing underwater.

3) Unplugging optical cable and using RCA inputs I can record high def video and 2 ch. audio and it works perfect.

Have tried various configurations wihtin TME record window basically none having an effect.

My HTPC is fully capable of playing Hidef as I play Blu rays on it, as well as highdef camcorder files with no stutter.

Bought mine couple days ago at Frys for $230. It's D1 with vent holes on the bottom. I'm having the same "underwater sound" issue. My first reaction was that the sound had an echo, I thought maybe the driver is pulling sound from 2 sources at once. I tried disconnecting my SD tuner but this didn't help. Then I saw that couple people at shspvr.com reported the same issue and they both have Verizon FIOS' Motorola QIP62xx STBs. That is exactly what I have - QIP6200. I haven't found any settings on the STB that would fix the problem.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, I'm posting on that forum too as it seems to be more specific on the driver issue. Haup tech support did finally email me back saying it's a beta driver and there's no solution at this time for my problem. They suggested I try another source, but since my pass through is fine I know the source is ok.

I'm gonna try it on my bedroom setup later this week just to see if I have the same problem. At that time I'll try my Xbox 360 as well for the source and report back.

From what I'm reading it seems to be related to our Moto Fios boxes. So I expect to see the same issue in the bedroom, but I imagine the 360 will work.

Good luck.... please post any responses from Haup tech support you may receive that may help us out.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemeeich /forum/post/14822329

I noticed this right away back in July that I had issues with 1080i files. They would capture correctly, but I had issues cutting them with H.264TSCutter. After a cut, the video would stutter like it was running at 5 frames a second while the audio went on correctly. I set my DVR to only output 720p and all has been well since.

Last week I tried to capture from my HDV camcorder (which is only 1080i) and the results from that were rather poor. Burning to an AVCHD and playing on the PS3 resulted in video that stuttered the entire time. MPC Home Cinema wouldn't play it at all. MPC did ok with it. ArcSoft TME did ok with it as well.

aemeeich, I have the exact same problem. I am still looking for an editor that can edit the ts file actually.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unplug /forum/post/14827815

aemeeich, I have the exact same problem. I am still looking for an editor that can edit the ts file actually.

Aren't we all
It's a shame the h264ts_cutter developer stopped, I think he actually got grabbed up by a corporation of some kind, but he was really going in the right direction and after using h264ts_cutter dozens of times, I really came to appreciate the interface, it was very friendly after learning how it worked. I still use it extensively, but only on files I've encoded with x264.

If Hauppauge or the chip manufacturer could place smarter IDR's in the stream it would work great, but the way it is, they are just placed in a pattern with no regard to the actual scenecuts in the video coming in, sometimes the hit in the right place, but it's purely coincidence when they do and the placement of IDR's in 1080i is about 4+ seconds.

Neuron2 is working on the Nvidia CUDA stuff and hopefully he'll someday develop an editor, but I don't think it's at the top of his list, he's mostly working on his frame server application right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any one have any idea if the full version of TME allows you to pause during a record? I'd find this useful as an alternative to removing commercials . . .

·
Registered
872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wseaberg /forum/post/14830520

Any one have any idea if the full version of TME allows you to pause during a record? I'd find this useful as an alternative to removing commercials . . .

+1

that would be a killer feature!

·
Registered
131 Posts

Quote:

I don't know but there is a functional trial version of TME so there is nothing stopping anyone from giving it a go. In the Arcsoft forums though there was some mention that the OEM version of TME that ships with the Hauppauge HD PVR was modified somewhat. Therefore the user experience may be somewhat lacking with the retail version. If so I'm guessing that this is something that they would work on to improve quickly especially since the upgrade price is so nominal for HD PVR owners.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Now granted I'm still having issues with 5.1 sound and haven't had alot of time to mess with the TME record program, but my main use of it will be to transfer ( really recording I know ), shows off my FIOS box to my computer hard drive. I would like to be able to set a timer to automatically stop the recording.. but I haven't seen one. There is a timer that shows the length of the recording being made, but I didn't see a place to enter a duration you would like to have it stop at.

Like I said, I haven't had alot of time to really dive into it yet... so perhaps I'm missing it? If not, that's a feature I'd like to see added.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danxmanly /forum/post/14831247

Now granted I'm still having issues with 5.1 sound and haven't had alot of time to mess with the TME record program, but my main use of it will be to transfer ( really recording I know ), shows off my FIOS box to my computer hard drive. I would like to be able to set a timer to automatically stop the recording.. but I haven't seen one. There is a timer that shows the length of the recording being made, but I didn't see a place to enter a duration you would like to have it stop at.

Like I said, I haven't had alot of time to really dive into it yet... so perhaps I'm missing it? If not, that's a feature I'd like to see added.

The recording duration setting is in there.

Under the preview window, just to the right of the capture start button is where you enter in the capture length. It says "Capture duration" and there is a box with 00:00:00. This is where you enter in the length you want in Hours:Minutes:Seconds.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemeeich /forum/post/14831756

The recording duration setting is in there.

Under the preview window, just to the right of the capture start button is where you enter in the capture length. It says "Capture duration" and there is a box with 00:00:00. This is where you enter in the length you want in Hours:Minutes:Seconds.

You can't change the duration after you start, you can always click the stop button to stop early, it would be nice to be able to extend the recording when you know something is going to run over, I don't think there is any way to do that, other than that, I dunno, what else is missing.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts

Quote:

I have the full version, and sadly, there is no pause button.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavean /forum/post/14833460

Full screen preview,.....

Yeah, there is really a lot missing, why not buffer ability during a recording, allow the TME to view the file as it's being recorded, it's already been shown using arogan's record program that hardly any resources are being used to record and if they would hook the ArcSoft decoders into live viewing of the file, we could watch with hardly any load on the machine at all, especially if your video card supports h264 acceleration.

2801 - 2820 of 5201 Posts