AVS Forum banner

3901 - 3920 of 5201 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Super sale at dell home. $173 with coupon code B0FP12N2JW5L2L, free ship... but you have to pay "the man" tax. Anyone buy from dell lately to know what revision numbers of the Hauppauge 1212 are being shipped?

UPDATE: deal was for one day only...

·
Registered
131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpanogos /forum/post/15797222

Super sale at dell home. $173 with coupon code B0FP12N2JW5L2L, free ship... but you have to pay "the man" tax. Anyone buy from dell lately to know what revision numbers of the Hauppauge 1212 are being shipped?

Impressive, most impressive!

The lowest I think I have seen so far.

Still, I wish Hauppauge would bundle an OEM BeyondTV version with it instead of or in addition to the Arcsoft software.

·
Registered
938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpanogos /forum/post/15797222

There are 2 versions listed, What are the differences?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN56706 /forum/post/15794199

do you stream your recordings or did you put it within the internal hard drive(if you installed one)

alos, did you fix the ts or m2ts files before sending it to the a100?

I streamed the recordings from a SMB share and I've played them off the internal drive.

I haven't messed with the files at all.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldR /forum/post/15795665

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but my E1 needs to be power cycled almost every other time when I capture something with TME, shut down the TME, re-open it and try capturing again. A lot of times, in this particular scenario, HD-PVR will have to be rebooted (power cycled to it) in order to get the TME to recognize it again.

That's much worse than mine is right now. I hope it doesn't get worse.

Since I last cycled the power, I've done 3 two hour and 1 one and a half hour recordings with SageTV. All of them are @ 720p to a .ts file.

The thing would be damn near useless to me if I had to turn it on and off after every recording.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
DonaldR - try standing your HDPVR up on it's right side - with the power switch at top... see if it doesn't run a bit longer... I have a theorey and it includes the assumption that the labs at Hauppague are quite a bit cooler than the environment in the typical computer rack or media rack...

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu_1 /forum/post/15806780

That's much worse than mine is right now. I hope it doesn't get worse.

Since I last cycled the power, I've done 3 two hour and 1 one and a half hour recordings with SageTV. All of them are @ 720p to a .ts file.

The thing would be damn near useless to me if I had to turn it on and off after every recording.

If I keep TME open, after my recording is done, then I can do multiple recordings, one after another, without any problems.

However, like I said, if I shut down the TME, and later I want to make a new recording, obviously I have to open the TME again, and that's where the problem is. Not every time, but pretty frequently in this scenario, I'll have to reboot my HD-PVR, because Windows is giving me a message about "the device already being in use".

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite /forum/post/15806897

DonaldR - try standing your HDPVR up on it's right side - with the power switch at top... see if it doesn't run a bit longer... I have a theorey and it includes the assumption that the labs at Hauppague are quite a bit cooler than the environment in the typical computer rack or media rack...

Thanks for the advice, I can certainly try that, but somehow I'm under the impression that it is actually some kind of "miscommunication" between the HD-PVR and TME software in Windows environment. I may be completely wrong, of course.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another thing I'm experiencing occasionally in TME's Capture Module is that, when I click on record button, the blue light will not turn on, and no recording will occur. This does not happen more often than maybe once in 7 or 8 recordings, but it can still be annoying.

The remedy for this one: I have to shut down the Capture Module (killing the process from the task manager), then open it up again, and I'm good to go.

I wonder if you guys may have experienced something like this.

·
Registered
749 Posts
This has been mentioned already, but might be worth bringing up. I still don't think it's only about heat problems. My hdpvr never runs into problems if is just capturing. But usb related keyboard/mouse/remote control operations cause way more problems. I have the MCE remote receiver, so it might be only that or maybe others as well that cause problems for the hdpvr. And while I was able to improve the situation by moving the hdpvr usb connector to an onboard usb header instead of a back pane header (where the MCE remote is connected), I still have have to restart it every now and then.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
I've been running 2 hdpvr's side-by-side from a scheduled batch file using rctvcap. One is a fan-in-the-top-modified C1 and the other a D2 (bought last week, when EVERY body else is receiving E1's
). One is connected to the YPbPr and AC3 loopthroughs of the other... fed from a cable box sitting on ShowtimeHD. Essentially capturing for 1hour, repeated every two hours, thus a 50-50 duty-cycle of recording/rest, 1 hour each. The boxes are scheduled 30 seconds apart to avoid usb loading issues. There seems to be no rhyme or reason... the C1 SEEMS to perform a bit better, MOST of the time it captures more consecutive recordings before locking up. BTW, the brand new D2 wouldn't pass more than 2 caps before locking up until I stood it on its side
Anyway, I agree that there's more to it than heat. BTW-2, they are both on the same usb controller in device-mangler, seperate from any other usb device....

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu_1 /forum/post/15806722

I streamed the recordings from a SMB share and I've played them off the internal drive.

I haven't messed with the files at all.

last question... do you have cyberlink power dvd on your computer? if so, did you upgrade it?

also, the arcsoft software that came with your 1212, did you upgrade it?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN56706 /forum/post/15811577

last question... do you have cyberlink power dvd on your computer? if so, did you upgrade it?

also, the arcsoft software that came with your 1212, did you upgrade it?

No, I do not have Cyberlink DVD. I had purchased the retail version of Arcsoft Total Media Theater prior to purchasing the HD-PVR. Otherwise, the software is straight of the CD that comes from Hauppauge (with all the relevant updates).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all.

I have the HDPVR and when I capture with ARCsoft it records as .ts and M2TS. Oddly enough, I cannot get every movie editing program to recognize the PVR's M2TS files!

So, I even called the company - specifically Sony to ask them and they said Vegas doesnt support "all" M2TS files.

Odd.

So, my question is that I have to convert these things using the Arcsoft converter but it takes forever. I converted 5 clips that were a total of maybe and hour and it Took 9 hours to convert.

Am I doing something wrong or is this typical for all of you?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite /forum/post/15810623

BTW, the brand new D2 wouldn't pass more than 2 caps before locking up until I stood it on its side

Jimwhite, when you say that your units lock up, what exactly is happenning? Are you getting the message that "the device is already in use", so that you have to cycle power to the HD-PVR, before proceeding, or is it that the HD-PVR does not start recording (the blue light does not turn on)?

As I mentioned in my previous messages, I am seeing both of these scenarios.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoppa /forum/post/15795024

Both my recorded videos and live TV have a slight tinge of garble... you can still understand, but the audio is sort of choppy, quickly phasing in/out.

I have XP Pro SP2, HD-PVR, BTV 4.9.1, and C2 revision of the HDPVR.

Recording destination directory is on a separate physical drive from the OS drive.

I notice it also when I'm running TME, so I suppose it's not strictly BTV?

Any thoughts?

Anybody?

Do I need to install a different h.264 codec?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldR /forum/post/15813657

Jimwhite, when you say that your units lock up, what exactly is happenning? Are you getting the message that "the device is already in use", so that you have to cycle power to the HD-PVR, before proceeding, or is it that the HD-PVR does not start recording (the blue light does not turn on)?

As I mentioned in my previous messages, I am seeing both of these scenarios.

Sounds like you're using the TMT recorder... I'm using rctvcap so I don't see messages like that... just locked up units with/without the red light stuck on that require a power cycle, or sometimes an incomplete recording followed by a normal recording

·
Registered
192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico66 /forum/post/15808337

This has been mentioned already, but might be worth bringing up. I still don't think it's only about heat problems. My hdpvr never runs into problems if is just capturing. But usb related keyboard/mouse/remote control operations cause way more problems. I have the MCE remote receiver, so it might be only that or maybe others as well that cause problems for the hdpvr. And while I was able to improve the situation by moving the hdpvr usb connector to an onboard usb header instead of a back pane header (where the MCE remote is connected), I still have have to restart it every now and then.

You know that's an excellent point. I'm still having on and off again stability problems. Right now I'm experimenting by going back to analog stereo aac instead of 5.1 ac3 to see if it helps since all this started when the 5.1 drivers came out. It definitely doesn't seem to be heat or power related. I've tried two different power supplies (borrowed a friends) and it is also connected to a UPS. Behavior between my previous c1 (rma'd to be a good one and fan modded) and now my replaced e1 (with fan strapped to the bottom and on its side) has been almost identical. The only time I noticed a significant change was when I went to the shorter usb cable that was included in the box though it's still not 100% stable. So my gut has been telling me it's something to do with usb. I have a usbuirt hooked up that I use all the time so I wonder if that might be causing issues. I wonder if moving the usbuirt (or maybe the hd pvr) to a completely separate usb pci card would help. I might have to experiment with that if my analog aac stereo test fails. Right now my best guess is it's not something that would be fixed by yet another hardware swap (though I could be wrong and just extremely unlucky).

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARogan /forum/post/15816054

You know that's an excellent point. I'm still having on and off again stability problems. Right now I'm experimenting by going back to analog stereo aac instead of 5.1 ac3 to see if it helps since all this started when the 5.1 drivers came out. It definitely doesn't seem to be heat or power related. I've tried two different power supplies (borrowed a friends) and it is also connected to a UPS. Behavior between my previous c1 (rma'd to be a good one and fan modded) and now my replaced e1 (with fan strapped to the bottom and on its side) has been almost identical. The only time I noticed a significant change was when I went to the shorter usb cable that was included in the box though it's still not 100% stable. So my gut has been telling me it's something to do with usb. I have a usbuirt hooked up that I use all the time so I wonder if that might be causing issues. I wonder if moving the usbuirt (or maybe the hd pvr) to a completely separate usb pci card would help. I might have to experiment with that if my analog aac stereo test fails. Right now my best guess is it's not something that would be fixed by yet another hardware swap (though I could be wrong and just extremely unlucky).

What kind of stability problems are you experiencing, I have the MCE remote and also Microsoft Wireless KB/Mouse and of course the HDPVR using the USB ports on mine. I have few if any problems if I reboot and recycle power on the HDPVR every two or three days. The only problem I have sporadically is that I have slight audio dropouts that will cause the box to stop recording for 1 or 2 seconds, before resuming, which has practically stopped happening since I started rebooting and power cycling 2 or three times a week.

What is the source? I'm using a Directv HR20-100 DVR w/optical out, and record with maxed settings on Variable Peak. I have one of the C2 units. With the exception of one occasion I have only had one complete failure of a recording in 6+ months. I'm using the USB connector that was packaged with the HDPVR.

3901 - 3920 of 5201 Posts