AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hauppauge has two new WinTV PVR models listed on their website: PVR 250 (model #890) and PVR 350 (#990) in addition to the older WinTV pci (model #880). The 250 has the same specs as the pci version except it has no FM radio and is $50 cheaper @ $149. PVR 250 and PVR pci both have hardware MPEG 2 encoding and software MPEG2 decoding. PVR 350 adds hardware decoding for an extra $50 @ $249.

I am leaning towards the PVR 250 since I don't think I would use the FM radio feature. Would there be any advantage to the PVR 350 with hardware MPEG decoding in terms of picture quality and performance? I have an Athlon Xp1800+ with 512 MB 2100 DDR memory. Or would this only be advantageous for a system with a less powerful cpu? I assume these new models would still be compatible with dScaler.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The PVR-350 has software MPEG decoding to the PC Montor and the hardware MPEG decoder used on only the output (S-Video/Composite/Scart in Europe) to a TV set.

The 250 dosen't have TV output.

Hauppauge will be post some picture of the 250 and 350 card on there web site sometime this week, so keep eye out for them and I'am

sure you fine more detailed info about the two news cards.

In tell then may lip are sealeed hehe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.