Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I currently have had DirecTV with HD for about 3-4 years or so. I have an RCA DTC100 STB as well as a Samsung TS-160 STB. I have the original elliptical 2 LNB dish that let's me see the 101 and 119 sattelites but obviously no 101 bird since I can't see channel 90.

My question is, will the Sat C kit work with my dish since it is one of the older ones that has 4 RG6 cables into the powered 8 output multiswitch in my home? Second, obviously I can't really threaten D* that I will leave if they don't install this for free, but has anyone had any success getting their dish upgraded for cheap or free even though you already are an HD D* customer?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
My question is, will the Sat C kit work with my dish since it is one of the older ones that has 4 RG6 cables into the powered 8 output multiswitch in my home?
The Sat-C is exacty what you need.

Quote:
Second, obviously I can't really threaten D* that I will leave if they don't install this for free, but has anyone had any success getting their dish upgraded for cheap or free even though you already are an HD D* customer?
The kit is about $30 from most online sellers or $45 installed from DirecTV. It's $9 if you install it yourself which should take 10 to 15 minutes at most if you can work a screwdriver.

-Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.