AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to turn my philips dvd player in pal progressive with the procedure in entering a code p081000000000 and my philips now is blocked!!!It keeeps on seraching for a dvd and then turn off than turn on then turn off I don not know what to do I am completely upset.

Please help me!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi, bannani,

Did you see the p-code of your Q50 before doing the modification? Is it possible for you to fall back to the original configuartion by entering 'PPP000000000' where PPP is the original p-code of your Q50.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i note it it is p66 but the player seems to be like in a circle. It turns on trying to find a dvd disk or something else and turn off immediatly and so on. I try to type my P66 but nothing appear on the screen. But the player has nothing to do with my remote control.

If it can help I noticed that the firmware was 4.15c

I am desperate!!:(

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW now I succeed in entering in the menu of the dvd player and the p code chenge to 66 into 81 which is apprently the code for region 3.

Now I have to follow the second step and make it region free in entering rc6 code.

I let you know the steps of my hack.

hanks for your help Kwokian

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I succeed in entering the rc6 code but nevertheless my dvd don t want o play any disk. I keeps on turnin the disk with a lot noise without any video except its mires.

Could what shoul I do?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I succeed in reading region 1 and 2 dvd. The hack succeed.

Thanks for your advise.

But come dvd blocked. Does it comes from the firmware. it is the 4.15 c in comparison with the other playes which they have the 4.15i.

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Bannani,

Where did you buy your Q50 in the EU? I thought the EU Q50s didn't have prog scan.

·
Registered
819 Posts
saron72,

EU version does not have prog scan, just like you said. I think bannani bought his player in US.

cheers,

Halcy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.