AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ivy bridge i3 a da asus mb Samsung ssd and a nvidia gtx430. My htpc was running smooth. Had xmbc running on 12.2 and running great no playback issues. No lag

Now I formatted my ssd and put a fresh copy of win7 and now I have strange issues with playback of blu ray. Not actually blu ray all blu rays that don't use hd surround ( true hd dts master ) it plays great. Now when I play anything with hd surround, it will play ok for a few minutes then causes it to freeze up and it will say buffering and then it will eventually resume and playback. When it does play, it plays great just have this odd playback issue now. I tried it on media center as well and have the same playback issue. I took the nvidia out of the equation and used the intel inboard. Plays great but still freezes up on hd surrounds.

Any ideas ? Bad ram ? I would say ssd drive but everything else seems to play ok. The drives are ok since they playback everything else ok I would think. CPU ? A setting in windows I'm missing somewhere or in Xbmc ?

Any and all help would be a life savor as I can not figure this out for the life of me. All settings should be the same as they always are.

I do hear what sounds like a hard drive activity noise and it usually makes the noise when the video freezes up. When the video freezes the entire computer seems to lag real bad. Mouse arrow even moves slow. Everything ran so well before this fresh install

I have a xbmc log as well I can link. A member on the xbmc forum said my system looked taxed. Have no idea. Another member on here Chris is also trying to help me figure it out

Thanks for any help guys

Keith

Here is a screen shot of the osd while playing a 1080p rip with hd surround.

As you can see the vcpu is much higher than assassins reading as well as the cache is at 100% most of the time

I am guessing this is my problem but can't figure it out

Thanks boss

Keith

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another screen shot of playback. As you can see the vcpu and cache are peaked. When compared to assassins numbers on his guides my numbers are much too high.

Also here is my xbmc log. Maybe someone can pinpoint a problem using it

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=149099

Thanks again to any and all help. I just want to get my speedy htpc back and enjoy some movies

Keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts