AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I already own a JVC Sirius Ready receiver (KD-AR360) and I'd like to hook up Sirius to it. I've looked into hard wiring in a tuner since there is no need for an actual PnP device this way and the sound would be better, but I'd also like the portability of a PnP device between the car and home.

I was reading in the installation instructions for the receiver I own that you can hard wire a PnP device through the back of the receiver by using an adapter, which sounds like it would keep the sound quality up while giving me the portability I desire (I would have to use the wireless transmitter or the cassette adapter but could still transport the device wherever I like).

My question is, can I connect any PnP model to my receiver, or does it have to be JVC? The instructions keep mentioning attaching a JVC PnP device using a JVC adapter (they reference model number KS-U100K). Is this simply cross-promotion for other JVC products or does my JVC "Sirius-Ready" receiver only work with other Sirius products made by JVC?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I have a Sportster Replay and a JVC car deck and was wondering if I could connect the Sportster to the JVC using the KS-U100K adapter.

Did you find out the answer? Or does anyone else here know? The adapter is apparently out of production for some reason, but I think I'll be able to find one...I just want to know if it will work first!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Any PnP will hook into any HU/receiver...Since your JVC has an Aux-in thats the way to go..According to Crutchfield if you buy this aux-in adapter you can hard wire ANY Pnp to your JVC receiver....JVC KS-U57

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MCf9GuE...257kdar360#Tab

PS...You'll also need a cable that goes from the adapter(RCA plugs) to your PnP(1/8" plug)...You can buy that at any RS,BB,etc. for a few bucks...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm aware of that. Sorry I wasn't specific enough but I was wondering specifically about the power connection of the KS-U100K adapter. It draws power from the car deck to the Sirius receiver and also connects the audio from the receiver to the car deck, all in one device. So you just make this one connection between the Sirius receiver and the car deck, plus the antenna, and it will be very clean. No messing with the cigarette lighter. I haven't seen any concrete verification of if this device is able to power a non-JVC Sirius receiver or not.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yeah sorry I was mostly replying to the original posters question about will any PnP work with a JVC receiver,and the answer to that question is yes..Thru the aux in any PnP will work..

To me a receiver is the little box that you can hide under the seat and the interface is controlled by the HU...

A PnP is the seperate unit that mounts on the dash...It has it's own interface...

If I understand your question you're asking about direct connect receivers,so the answer to that will be no..The older HU's like yours if it's a JVC it needs a JVC receiver,Pioneer needs a Pioneer receiver,Alpine to Alpine,etc..

When you're saying receiver but if you mean a non JVC PnP then I don't know..I'd write Crutchfield,their info and support is 2nd to none...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanks, I did mean a PnP not a direct-connect receiver but didn't get all the terminology right. I know I could get the JVC Sirius tuner box and connect it directly, but I want Sirius in my house and my car and didn't want to pay for two subscriptions, so I went with a PnP. I sent an e-mail to JVC and I will also try Crutchfield.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.