AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in BB today and noticed that they have Denons in their audio room in place of the HKs. I have also heard nothing about new HK models. BB has only one model showing on their website. Anyone know when the new HK receivers are due out? Anyone know if BB will carry them?

thanks...

·
Registered
10 Posts
That relationship has always been a weird one. In all of the BBs I've been in, you've got every Denon in the Magnolia room and all of the HKs stuck on some random shelf with lesser receivers. For those not in the know, if you went to a Best Buy, you'd have no idea that an HK is a good receiver from the way Best Buy placed them in the store. Last time I looked they were only carrying the 154 and it was on clearance.

Another possibility is that they got too many returns with the x54 series. The problems thread on these is still going strong and HK has delayed the firmware update that's supposed to fix everything for quite a while now. If returning my 354 was as convenient as driving over to the local BB, I may have done it by now for a more reliable receiver. That's just my take though.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I don't believe that the relationship between HK and BB has ever been very strong. Circuit City seemed to be the preferred B&M outlet for HK. Once CC bit the bullet, the logical outlet would have been BB.

Who knows? Maybe the relationship between HK and CC ruffled some corporate feathers at BB. That certainly would explain the lack of support.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crochese /forum/post/16846263

That relationship has always been a weird one. In all of the BBs I've been in, you've got every Denon in the Magnolia room and all of the HKs stuck on some random shelf with lesser receivers. For those not in the know, if you went to a Best Buy, you'd have no idea that an HK is a good receiver from the way Best Buy placed them in the store.

I don't see the issue. And what do you mean by "lesser recievers"? HK is nothing special, it's a brand I've avoided for years.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
my HK7300 was ok, except for the bugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.