AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Canon HG20. I want to do some indoor filming (basically filming myself playing guitar) and want to have decent lighting. I am brand new to filming and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I don't want to go crazy or anything. I just want a basic lighting setup with reflectors that will produce better video than if I were to film with just the normal room lighting.

thanks,

brian

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
those quartz halogen work lights from home depot work great for cheap lighting, worst case you can bounce the light right off of the ceiling, or a wall.

be careful about mixing your lighting sources, for example, don't use fluorescents at all, don't use outside lighting from the sun with quartz halogen at the same time, etc.

study the direction of the light on tv shows like 60 minutes, there is a key/fill lighting ratio, and the camera is on the darker side of the face, you want mild shadows, not flat lighting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.