AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Lexicon DC-1 with an Anthem MCA-5 amp (soon to be replaced with a Bryston 9BST) and Paradigm Reference speakers (Studio 20 front and rear, CC center, ADP sides, Servo 15 sub). I use the setup 50/50 for music/home theater. I don't have a local Lexicon dealer, so I can't go listen to an MC-1, so I am looking for opinions as to whether or not this would be a worthwhile upgrade considering my setup. If I don't upgrade to an MC-1 now, I will save my pennies for some future processor once they figure out a standard for digital transmission of DVD-A and/or SACD. Any opinions on this, especially from those who have heard the DC-1 and the MC-1, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brad

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hello Brad and welcome, I was considering the same upgrade but I decided on a DC-2 with the latest software upgrade. The MC-1 had more video inputs than I needed and sonically they both had the same software. If you use the search function and type in DC-2 vs MC-1 or DC-1 vs MC-1 you'll get some good information from more knowledge members on this forum!.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Since it looks like Lexicon is going to come out with a new processor based on the MC-12 in the next year or so, you may want to start saving those pennies. The other thing you could do would be to upgrade to the MC-1, but make sure it isn't an MC-1 that has already been traded in for an MC-12. Then you would have the MC-1 until the new processor comes out, and you could then trade the MC-1 in on the new processor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.