AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I beleive the HD stuff is on 61.5 or 148. These can not be seen by the eliptical dish. So you'll need another dish.

Also, not sure if you can feed just the HD content to the DISH 6000, you way need to grab the 101 feed from the eliptical dish and combine it with the 61.5 or 148 with a SW21 and then feed it to the DISH 6000.

Someone else will have to confirm that CBS HD is on the 61.5/148...

·
Registered
517 Posts
I would say your best bet is to get the 6023 package. It will include the dish 500 which you dont want but the package comes to the same cost as the dish 6000 by itself and maybe you could sell or use the extra switches etc later.

------------------

Eram

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would very much appreciate some help. I am in the middle of a major "service overhaul", based on the fact that I am only watching HD (or DVDs) in my theater. Here is what I just did.

I bagged my $60 package at DirecTV, and replaced it with the HBO ala carte package. This includes channel 199. Total $12.00 per month. Now I want to add Dish, just to get CBS (which I qualify for).

I have the DirecTV eliptical dish which has 4 "lines" (lnbs?) coming into a box, that in turn has 2 coax cables coming out. FIRST QUESTION - can I rig this somehow to get Dish also (just the local CBS HD channel). Some on this thread lead me to believe that I may be able to do this.

If I can rig it, please tell me how.

Also, I will need a new STB for Dish (arghhhh). Seems silly to pay $500 for a new 6000. Is there anything else I can do - buy an old 5000, anything? help.

I want to be live on Dish prior to the football. thanks.

btw,I think my Dish service will cost about $10 per month as well just for local.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.