AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have the logitech harmony 550 remote that I'm am using with the rest of my HT system. Please recommend a IR reciever which I can use to control VMC and Vista. I'm hoping that I don't have to buy a remote also. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The MCE remote + IR receiver is only about $30. I use that receiver with my 720 and use the MCE profile in the Harmony software plus a few customized buttons. You'll spend more than that just getting something like the USB-UIRT.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah ok, i actually was looking into getting the mce remote + reciever but was hoping that there might be a cheaper IR receiver only unit. guess i'll have to go with this then. thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You might want to check out the blu wave ps3 remote. It is a blu ray remote with usb ir, but it's only around $15. I use the ir, but then again, I had make my harmony 890 learn the vmc buttons with a friend's media center remote.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBoy2593 /forum/post/15445600

You might want to check out the blu wave ps3 remote. It is a blu ray remote with usb ir, but it's only around $15. I use the ir, but then again, I had make my harmony 890 learn the vmc buttons with a friend's media center remote.

hey, i actually have this remote also (i used it before I got ir2bt). I connected it to my PC and it installed the drivers for USB Human Interface Device. I tried using my XB360/WMC media center remote and the logitech 550 but neither seems to communicate with the IR. Are there any additional steps I need to do to make it work? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recommend StreamZap, that's what I use with my 550. You can get this thing from amazon for about 30 bucks. It comes with a remote and and IR receiver. You can program the Harmony to be like the streamzap remote, streamzap works with pretty much any software as well as you program buttons to do just about anything, like turn the arrow buttons into a mouse or open specific programs.

I'm sure there might be cheaper alternatives out there, but this one is proven to work. Just search streamzap in amazon and you will see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.