AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I wounder if someone of you have compared this amps side by side with and without EQ, with both music an movie. I hope some in here could give me good advice about my decession. My current amp is Pioneer VSA-AX10i(49TXI), but i want HDMI and better autocalibration, so i have decided to downgrade to newer models. PLZ, make my choice easy

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I demo'd them against each other at Ultimate Electronics. I told the salesguy to turn off any processing. In fact he might have set them both to their direct modes. I made sure no powered sub was selected. Obviously its almost impossible to ensure everything was the same, especially the volume.

If anything, the 84 seemed to sound a little better. Perhaps it was less bright or harsh. I bought the 2700 anyway for it's feature set.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I don't recall all the differences, to be honest. Their both fairly feature rich beasts. I am still hoping the Yamaha does not suffer from low LFE over HDMI/PCM. The 84 is supposed to suffer from it, but I heard a few people say it could be fixed with a firmware update.

Some people say the 2700 does, others dont'. Other than that, I believe they both do 7.1 96KHz/24 bit multi-channel PCM which means both should support TrueHD. That's nice if you are thinking about a HD DVD or Blu-ray player.

I am pretty sure the features I wanted were optional. I just like toys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.