AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, looking for some advice/recomendation on fronts, center and rears to go with my sub...Velodyne DPS 10. I prefer something small, sattelites or small bookshelves that I can put on stands. The size of the room is 16x19 and will open to the kitchen. I recently purchased a set of Sapphire Sat1500 set up for $250 new and they sound good, but wondering if there's something else worth listening to. Looking to spend around $700, hopefully less though.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Use the speakers you bought as rear channels and get a pair of Paradigm Titans for the front and a CC270 for the center. That'll leave you about $150-$200 for a better DVD player with HDMI or some decent speaker cables/interconnects.

I'm using Titans/CC270 as my front and center channels all powered by a Sony 3000ES receiver at 110 watts RMS/Channel. NHT SB2's at the rear. The room is 22 x 12.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94searay /forum/post/0

I forgot to mention that I will be powering them with a Pioneer 1015. I've looked and the HTD middies and may consider giving them the 30 day try.

If your receiver does not have a 100 Hz crossover option, I suggest skipping the HTD trial. Otherwise, be sure to order the flat panel speaker for your center, if it's not too big for your needs.

The x-series speakers I also suggested are sure to be worth the money, and I highly suggest considering those over the middies if they are not too big for your needs and your receiver has an optional 60 Hz or 80 Hz crossover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.