AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering whether anyone has ordered a Bravo D1 in the past couple of weeks, and whether the lockup problems are continuing on these newly shipped machines. I was told by a sales person that things have improved, but I'd like some confirmation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bought a Bravo D1 this week for my 50v500. The machine locked up fresh out of the box on the first disc. Ran to Radio Shack and picked up a DVD lens cleaner.

30 seconds later- discs play fine and look great!

I've heard some folks going to major extremes- changing loaders etc...

can anyone else confirm my quick fix solution?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. That problem could easily have been corrected before the machine shipped. I also notice a post from rpeters about a recently received player that had problems. I think I need more to persuade me that things have improved.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Grampa:

V, Inc. just received my first D1 yesterday and should be sending me a replacement. My first one would lock up every now and then even after we started cleaning each DVD before we put it in the player. A more vexing problem was when it would skip a chapter or two (ofter at the layer change) which cleaning the DVD had no effect on. Finally, it started closing its drawer immediately after you opened it - so to insert or take out a disk, you had to have your remote control in your hand and be ready to go...

However, the PQ was AMAZING! I certainly hope they send me a replacement that doesn't lock up or skip, but I have to tell you that for under $200, it has a great picture! I'll let you know...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't believe it. I happened to have one of those lens cleaner discs at home. I ran it through the machine. Then picked up the first movie I had problems with Jurassic Park. Guess what it worked. Then picked up the next two. They both worked!!!! I don't get it. You mean to tell me a little thing like that was the problem? Wonder if Vinc knows about this simple fix. I'm gonna try some other movies and will let you know if the problem reappears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.