AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a nutshell I have a Panasonic 47wx49 RPTV, it died Sears is going to replace it with a 50" Hitachi RPTV or give me $1000 credit to buy something else. Since we have 2 little kids we are wanting to go with a LCD or Plasma so we can wall mount it like our bedroom LCD. From the wall to the couch is ~16', 14' where the RPTV now stands. I went looked online and went to Sears and here is what I have come up with, but I am open to suggestions to. I am willing to spend more to get more of course but don't want to go crazy. Here is what I was thinking of:

Samsung HP-S4253 42" Plasma $1800

Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma $2000

Sharp LC-42D62U 42" LCD $2300 (1080p)

Samsung LN-S4051D 40" LCD $1620

Now a couple of them I can pricematch down with either BB or CC by a couple hundred. I do like the Sharp it is the bigger brother to my bedroom 32" but is it worth the most in price. Thanks for any help or new suggestions.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I have a 52" Sharp (and I love it) so this may sound funny, but at 11'-14' the plasma is the best bet. I say this because that 42" screen is going to look really small at that distance. A 46" is the minimum you should get. About 50" is right.

The plasma my not be the best bet for you living room though, depends on how bright it is and how much you would be watch in SD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.