AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a good friend of mine works in the TV industry (helps set up stations and such). I mention I'm going to buy a projector and he says "I have an older screen at work sitting in the garage, it's been there for a year, a return (not broken, hopefully), you can have it." I proceed to hug him for the next 20 minutes, but I have a problem, I have no idea what model it is, how big it is, or how to hang it??? Nor does he.

I can not find any markings on the screen, only that it's a Draper, it's a gray screen, automatic, the casing is 97.5 inches long, and on a label on the back it says:

"Inspected by DW

11/26/07"

(DW are you out there?

I've included some photos.

Does anyone recognize this screen?

How the heck to I hang this? There's basically one hole on either end, that's it?

If you help me, I will also hug you for 20 minutes

·
Registered
957 Posts
It looks like a Draper Targa electric motorized screen.

Go to the linked page, go to *Instructions* on the right column, and DL the *110v Instructions*.
http://www.draperinc.com/ProjectionS...asp?detail=285

As for the size, the aspect ratio (4:3, 16:9, other), and the amount of drop (if any) you will have to hang it temporarily, roll it all the way out and measure it for yourself.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the help Cinemascope!!!

Let me ask you this, is there any way to roll out a motorized screen, without having it hooked up to my electrical system. In other words, manually?

I've tugged on the bar at the bottom of the screen (not too hard mind you) and it doesn't seem to want to budge.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
That IS a Draper Targa and I have one hanging in my bonus room. The automation is nice. Goes up and down via 12v signalling and can therefore be integrated with AV controls like Crestron, AMS, etc Your's looks IDENTICAL to mine and if it is, it should be an 8ft x 6ft screen with a 1.2 gain surface. The downfall of this particular screen is that there is no "tensioning" of the screen so it can get ripples at the sides. There is a fairly heavy bar across the bottom that "weighs" the screen down pretty well. The screen itself is VERY reflective and presents excellent color reproduction for such an economical screen. I have been using it in kids bonus room and it works quite well for that function. I paid $400 for mine 6 years ago.

Note: The electronics plug directly into a standard 110volt wall outlet. The 12v is for signalling ONLY.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sent you a PM... I found the electronic schematics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts