AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
200 bucks from the manufactuers site. Never heard of these, and they don't seem to focus on speakers. Anyone ever heard these? Are they on par with Fluance? Better? Worse? I have been hoping to get Revel C-series speakers for ages now, and I don't think I will ever have the money so I am getting pretty close to considering a set of fluance...

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
They are taking a page from Bose. No freq. response is listed, except you can't hear these. For this kind of money, I wouldn't expect a much. Generally you get what you pay for. These speakers are less than $20 ea.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Run for your life!!!

If your looking for a deal on speakers. Every once in awhile Fry's or Outpost run a Polk Audio deal for like $29-$49 for speakers. I would trust that before that e-bay add.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazersteven /forum/post/0

Run for your life!!!

If your looking for a deal on speakers. Every once in awhile Fry's or Outpost run a Polk Audio deal for like $29-$49 for speakers. I would trust that before that e-bay add.

What type of Polk Audio speakers that go for $29-$49? Have a model number? Are they cube speakers or full range floor standing speakers?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentonhq /forum/post/0

What type of Polk Audio speakers that go for $29-$49? Have a model number? Are they cube speakers or full range floor standing speakers?

I've seen these as low as $39.

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3292811

And Polk R-30's for $39.95

You have to be patient and keep checking around.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMG...they are awesome for the price and look and not forget to mention...quality from Polk. Does this price only available from Outpost.com or at any local Frys?

I read the reviews and most have problem with the tweeters on these speakers. Any idea?

·
Registered
We just moved, it's in shambles!
582 Posts
That's really a good deal on those, $120 for the pair. I've heard those, they're not going to astound you but they will play with reasonable dynamics and can put out clear enough sound to work for movies and dialog, and work well if you're after an inexpensive home theater. I'm hesitant to lavish too much praise on the, because they aren't great, but you can do much, much worse.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentonhq /forum/post/0

OMG...they are awesome for the price and look and not forget to mention...quality from Polk. Does this price only available from Outpost.com or at any local Frys?

I read the reviews and most have problem with the tweeters on these speakers. Any idea?

Tweeters? Think about what your saying. For $59 bucks how can you go wrong?

I don't know if you can walk into a Fry's and get the same deal. I would call and see.

If you get them I want you to remember to tell me how you like them.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emorphien /forum/post/0

That's really a good deal on those, $120 for the pair. I've heard those, they're not going to astound you but they will play with reasonable dynamics and can put out clear enough sound to work for movies and dialog, and work well if you're after an inexpensive home theater. I'm hesitant to lavish too much praise on the, because they aren't great, but you can do much, much worse.

Look at what he was looking at on E-Bay. How can he go wrong. Other that have purchased them have been happy.

·
Registered
We just moved, it's in shambles!
582 Posts

Quote:

Tweeters? Think about what your saying. For $59 bucks how can you go wrong?

I've seen a surround set of R50s and their companion bookshelves (R20s as surrounds) and center working away daily duty in a home theater and putting out some reasonable volume for movies on weekend for the better part of 4 years with no problems so I wouldn't worry too much about it

Quote:

Look at what he was looking at on E-Bay. How can he go wrong. Other that have purchased them have been happy.

Oh, wow. Yeah can't really go wrong with those but I'd want to make sure the impedance is as stated so you don't burn out your receiver. Even if the drivers fall out and the tweeter blows, you're not going to lose much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just called my Frys store in Southern CA and they have only the cherry color model R50 that goes for $199 each.....YES $199 each.

I love the black color better for the price on Outpost.com. I will get two of them.

Now I have another questions for you all out there....can i use these for surround as well? If so, I will get 4.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.