AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Whoa... I expected shaggy...but not this long. Hopefully he doesn't have that part in his hair the whole time... hopefully it's more natural this time.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
let's hope not that much...she is very pleasing on the eyes to look at..

brickie

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It's hard to tell from that photo, but I wonder if he cut off that *******-y rat tail he was sporting in AOTC. Obviously Jedi Knights have less restrictive grooming policies than even airline flight attendants.

Maybe years of Jedi training not only improve your battle skills, but also turn you into deep space backwoods trailer trash.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I see he's sporting some of Darth's patented black leather also. Never thought much of this kid during EP II, but he does look pretty damn evil here. And that photo comparison of him and Luke is just a little bit eerie.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Not sure how I know but the padawan has to sport that haircut, Obi had the same with Qui Gon...

I also heard that the Jedi mullet will be very prevelent in the third episode...:)

-sonny

·
Registered
499 Posts
I could never figure out why this guy was cast for Ep. II. I agree with the acting lessons comment...

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I felt that both he and Natalie Portman drag the film down quite a bit in the acting department. The dialog is so bad in spots, and they are so consistently bad at delivering their lines. It becomes a major distraction from the movie as a whole. There's quite a contrast between a number of the supporting actors, and these 2 stars. When the supporting cast members delivering just a quick sentence or two make the stars look that incompetent in comparison, you know there's a problem.

·
Registered
28,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kris Deering
He looks like he has bulked up quite a bit as well. Look at his neck, much more solid and ominous looking.
It's all CGI. He really weighs about 90 pounds.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by uzun
When the supporting cast members delivering just a quick sentence or two make the stars look that incompetent in comparison, you know there's a problem.
A CGI of a puppet out acted those two. That's a pretty good sign something is very wrong.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by uzun
I felt that both he and Natalie Portman drag the film down quite a bit in the acting department. The dialog is so bad in spots, and they are so consistently bad at delivering their lines. It becomes a major distraction from the movie as a whole. There's quite a contrast between a number of the supporting actors, and these 2 stars. When the supporting cast members delivering just a quick sentence or two make the stars look that incompetent in comparison, you know there's a problem.
I think it has a lot more to do with the dialogue and directing. Look at all the fine actors that often look stupid in the prequels : Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Christopher Lee, Samuel Jackson, Natalie Portman! Only George Lucas could take such a cast and make them TRULY, DEEPLY, SUCK

- Cryo

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sd_smoker
I could never figure out why this guy was cast for Ep. II. I agree with the acting lessons comment...
I don't know...he played the role of a snobby teenage with a lot of pent up anger pretty convincing in EpII, while still being jedi like by being emotionless and monotone. He also did a great job in "Life as a House". It was between him and Joshua Jackson from Dawson's Creek.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I will agree he did a great job in Life as a House and Nat did a surperb job in Leon. I believe these two have promise, but their direction sucks.

Peace Out~:D

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Quote:
I think it has a lot more to do with the dialogue and directing. Look at all the fine actors that often look stupid in the prequels : Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Christopher Lee, Samuel Jackson, Natalie Portman! Only George Lucas could take such a cast and make them TRULY, DEEPLY, SUCK

The dialogue is similar in all of the Star Wars films. Hayden's whining teenage brat in Episode II is no different from Mark Hamill's in Episode IV. Based on the promising picture of Anakin Episode III, I think he may mature as a character similar to Luke in Jedi. If you enjoy the films as I do, it is something to really look forward to.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
The dialog in Star Wars movies was never stellar, but episode I and II took a decided downturn vs Episode IV etc. While Mark Hamill may not be the greatest actor in the world, his performance in episode IV was not NEARLY as poor as Hayden Christensen's in Episode II.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.