AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After browsing around ProjectorCentral.com for a while, there were two projectors that caught my attention in particular, due to their combination of low cost, and high lumens:

Sony VPL-CS5

NEC VT460

The main downside of these projectors -- they've hardly been mentioned at all on the AVS forums! Lots of posts on the Infocus X1, for example, but nearly nothing for these models. Does anyone have any experience on using them to project video?

Note that I'm looking for a projector to show videos "on the road" -- typically small ballrooms at hotels. I should be able to get subdued lighting, but probably not total darkness so people don't trip and fall. Hence my reasoning for high lumens. I will rarely, if ever, project computer output. I'm guessing that I should avoid low-cost DLP projectors due to the rainbow effect. Even if it's not a problem for me, I'm certain it may be a problem for some of my audience.

Finally, thanks to everyone for posting on these message boards. I highly value the opinions of others when choosing which product to buy.

- Tom in NJ.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I've been looking around for opinions on this one, especially after reading the Projectorcentral.com review, and not finding much. Hard to understand since the Projectorcentral.com review made it sound like a better deal.

LT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.