AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so im hearing the best center to get with teh RTi8 is the CSi5...well since my RTi8's should be here monday, i was looking for the CSI5 in cherry and i cant find it on the web, Crutchfield has it as discontinued. Anyone else know a site that has a good reputation that carries the CSi5. Please help me out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,351 Posts
Some people have mentioned purchasing from Tweeter (even demo models). Also, eBay might have something. However, I have a feeling the picking might be slim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so then my question is:


If i cant find the CSi5, do i get the CSi3, or the A4 or A6???? or what would be best for the RTi8's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreepy /forum/post/12940880


so then my question is:


If i cant find the CSi5, do i get the CSi3, or the A4 or A6???? or what would be best for the RTi8's

I picked up the CSi3 from Crutchfield for $150... at least it matches the RTi8s and for that price its a great deal. Will use the extra money towards a better sub.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreepy /forum/post/12940880


so then my question is:


If i cant find the CSi5, do i get the CSi3, or the A4 or A6???? or what would be best for the RTi8's

The CSi5 is a deep speaker. Most people don't have the shelf depth to handle it. While the CSi3 isn't as deep, I don't think it's as good of a performer as the CSi5. I had the CSi3 paired with my RTi8s. Being that the CSi3 was the weakest link when it came to movies, I sold off the speakers because I didn't have room for the CSi5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje /forum/post/12941268


The CSi5 is a deep speaker. Most people don't have the shelf depth to handle it. While the CSi3 isn't as deep, I don't think it's as good of a performer as the CSi5. I had the CSi3 paired with my RTi8s. Being that the CSi3 was the weakest link when it came to movies, I sold off the speakers because I didn't have room for the CSi5.

The weakest link in what way? The RTi series is supposedly matched to work well together. Did you have it calibrated properly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivarey /forum/post/12941297


The weakest link in what way? The RTi series is supposedly matched to work well together. Did you have it calibrated properly?

Yes, I had everything calibrated - with my trusty RS SPL meter. It just seemed when it came to movie dialog, the CSi3 was struggling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje /forum/post/12941309


Yes, I had everything calibrated - with my trusty RS SPL meter. It just seemed when it came to movie dialog, the CSi3 was struggling.

Not to keep badgering you about this, but it's important to me because I recently picked up a CSi3. When you say struggling, do you mean the dialog sounded tinny or otherwise soft?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivarey /forum/post/12941338


Not to keep badgering you about this, but it's important to me because I recently picked up a CSi3. When you say struggling, do you mean the dialog sounded tinny or otherwise soft?

Not a problem. It just seemed weak - like the CSi3 couldn't keep up with the RTi8s. Following the CSi3/RTi8 ownership, I moved onto many others (HTD Level 3s -- too weak in the treble dept.; The BIC Acoustech series - I was really flattered by how well the center channel performed in this setup; and finally, the C-360/Beta 20s by Infinity.) The BICs and Infinity center channels had a much better presence during movies. With the CSi3, I felt like I was always fiddling with the volume level to get the dialog right. I suspect things would have improved with the larger woofers (6.5" vs. 5.25").
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreepy /forum/post/12938350


ok, so im hearing the best center to get with teh RTi8 is the CSi5...well since my RTi8's should be here monday, i was looking for the CSI5 in cherry and i cant find it on the web, Crutchfield has it as discontinued. Anyone else know a site that has a good reputation that carries the CSi5. Please help me out.


If you have a tweeter in your area call them and ask if they have one, even a floor model. Thats what I did. I searched the internet and there is nothing out there at all, except ebay. They are selling them for $268, and he told me it was a floor model but that it had not been out on the floor very long or used at all. It's in mint condition and it's cherry.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top