AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm having an issue with my Olevia 232v.

Every few minutes, there is a very noticeable 'ripple' effect that goes from the top of the screen to the bottom. The ripple is about an inch tall and there is only one.

This happens on both my component HD cable box and my Xbox 360 via HDMI.

Any ideas as to what this is and what can be done about it?

Thank you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Power interference could either be a fault in your house's power supply or the circuit the TV is plugged into is shared with a high-draw device, such as a refrigerator. You could try plugging it in on a different circuit, seeing if it happens ALL the time or only when another device kicks on, or you could try buying a UPS or power conditioner and running it through that to see if that resolves it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't documented the change, but I'm fairly sure that it's been much worse.

Is there anything I can do to try and fix this? Should I test to see what outlets are on what circuits and make sure it isn't being overloaded?

Any other tips?

·
Registered
63 Posts
A power conditioner or UPS might resolve it. Yes, however, it would be a good idea to see if you can dig up the wiring chart and plug it into different circuits and examine the results and, failing that, just try a bunch of different plugs. The conditioner or UPS is really the kicker, though, because if it's just plain overloaded wiring in a cheap old apartment, different circuits will be equally affected.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts