AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been floating around these forums for quite a while now and I could use some help. First of all, here is my setup. I know the receiver isn't the best but I got it for $75 at best buy as a display deal.

TV: Samsung PN60E6500 (60" Plasma 2012 model)

Receiver: Sony STR-DH520 with Monoprice 10565 5.1 speakers

Components: Xbox 360 Pro & Playstation 3 (Fat)

Connections:

TV HDMI 2 ARC Receiver out

xbox/ps3 HDMI Receiver in

I have the Disney WOW disk and even with that everything I watch seems to have sync issues. I have tried the A/V sync on my receiver and the A/V sync options on the TV but it only makes it worse. The closest I have gotten was enabling game mode on the TV and nothing else but even that does not fix the issue. Should I try connecting the components directly to the TV and then use the ARC feature to the receiver? Would full 5.1 sound transfer or would it downgrade it to stereo?

Thanks to anyone who responds!

Extra info: There is still a delay with content played directly off the TV through the Smart Hub or a USB Flash Drive

Edit #2: More info, I recorded my screen with my iPhone 5 (if it matters) and watched it on my computer with the sound wave below. Best I can tell, the audio is coming in 125ms early. Ill keep playing with settings to see if it can be fixed.

Edit #3: Tried adding 120 audio delay and re-recorded. Made the problem worse to 166.6ms early. I don't know how to get it to go the other way,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well just tried switching got to ps3->TV->Receiver and it didn't work. First I was only getting sound out of the surround channels. So I got the background audio but no dialog, fiddled with the ps3's audio settings and could only get the down mixed 2ch audio out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still never got this issue resolved. Been fighting it ever since I bought this receiver. Too bad I can't afford a new one. Anyone out there have any ideas? Maybe Ill get lucky now that were in the summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts