AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My copy of Slevin HD is emitting what sounds like audio feedback.

Is any one else having this problem?

I have no issues with Riddick, Pitch Black, Sky Captain or King Kong HD disks on the XBox 360/HD-DVD.

I must have a defective copy of Slevin.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Watched the whole movie two days ago, no audio problems at all using the 360 HD DVD add-on. Great movie !

I did have the popping sound problems while watching Poseidon and using True HD, changing to Dolby Digital solved the problem.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shok /forum/post/0

Watched the whole movie two days ago, no audio problems at all using the 360 HD DVD add-on. Great movie !

I did have the popping sound problems while watching Poseidon and using True HD, changing to Dolby Digital solved the problem.

TrueHD is not a menu item I can select either on the HD-DVD or within the XBox System menu.

In fact my Slevin Setup does not offer any Audio options such as DTS or Dolby. Just a button On or Off check box is available under Setup....Audio.

Frankly I am not too sure what that even means. Some how I missed something.

One thing that may be different, I applied the Jan update to the Xbox 360 from the website using the CD update method. I may try to backup to the November update and see it that will fix it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber /forum/post/0

There was no TrueHD audio selection that I saw. If I remember correctly, it only stated English 5.1 and when you do the Display menu it shows DD+.

As I said, the Slevin HD-DVD does not have that type of setup, at least that I can find. Now all my others do in fact offer a choice of audio output. Riddick, Pitch Black, Sky Captain and King Kong.

I have also determined that the Audio output volume is much lower than any of the others I own. This forces me to push up the volume and causes a much more noticeable hum from the speakers. The hum is always present but not a problem at my usual setting with the other titles.

The hum is the fault of my Onkyo receiver using the analog inputs, since it is there even without connection to the inputs. That's a different problem. No such hum occurs with the digital optical or coax inputs.

I think this copy is going back to Fry's.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richum /forum/post/0

As I said, the Slevin HD-DVD does not have that type of setup, at least that I can find. Now all my others do in fact offer a choice of audio output. Riddick, Pitch Black, Sky Captain and King Kong.

I have also determined that the Audio output volume is much lower than any of the others I own. This forces me to push up the volume and causes a much more noticeable hum from the speakers. The hum is always present but not a problem at my usual setting with the other titles.

The hum is the fault of my Onkyo receiver using the analog inputs, since it is there even without connection to the inputs. That's a different problem. No such hum occurs with the digital optical or coax inputs.

I think this copy is going back to Fry's.

You state previously you had the 360 add on correct? If so, lower volume is a known issue with the add on and should be addressed in a future update.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber /forum/post/0

You state previously you had the 360 add on correct? If so, lower volume is a known issue with the add on and should be addressed in a future update.

Yes that is correct and thanks for the heads up. I returned Slevin but could not exchange it as it was out of stock. So I took the Mummy Returns, it played and looked great during a short test this morning. Now all 6 of my titles are functioning to my satisfaction.

The problem with Slevin was if I turned the volume down to lower hum/feedback or whatever, it was then so low as to be useless.

I suffered through the movie's bad sound and I liked the movie and its video quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.