AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Having Picture Drop Out Problem

1153 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  peachman
I just set up my new Panny TH-50PZ700U and I'm getting Picture Drop Out about every 30 secs (picture goes black for about 1 sec). Happens on all channels HD/Other.

I have the Panny connected to Cable HDTV Box with 2-meter HDMI cable.

No other components are connected at this time.

I've tried connecting directly to wall outlet rather than my M8HT-8 Power/Surge Protector but that made no difference.

Could this be a problem with the HDMI cable or perhaps the Cable Box?

Thanks for you help
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I had a smiliar problem with my HD DVD player. The repair shop identified a problem with the HDMI cable. Check the length of the cable for any irregularities. I'm guessing that's your problem. If it's a higher-end cable, it should have some kind of replacement warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moematthews /forum/post/12865341

I had a smiliar problem with my HD DVD player. The repair shop identified a problem with the HDMI cable. Check the length of the cable for any irregularities. I'm guessing that's your problem. If it's a higher-end cable, it should have some kind of replacement warranty.

Thanks for the suggestion. Cursory check indicates no problems but I'll have to see if I can find another to try...

Thanks again
See less See more

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachman /forum/post/12865206

I just set up my new Panny TH-50PZ700U and I'm getting Picture Drop Out about every 30 secs (picture goes black for about 1 sec). Happens on all channels HD/Other.

I have the Panny connected to Cable HDTV Box with 2-meter HDMI cable.

No other components are connected at this time.

I've tried connecting directly to wall outlet rather than my M8HT-8 Power/Surge Protector but that made no difference.

Could this be a problem with the HDMI cable or perhaps the Cable Box?

It could be either. Or it could be a defect in the TV too. If it happens with a different HDMI cable, then try connecting the TV with Component and try the OTA antenna and see if the problem persists.

What kind/brand/model number is your cable box? Some are known to have issues with the HDMI output. There may be a setting in the cable STB's menus that needs to be changed to suit your new TV.

Also try turning both the cable STB and the TV off, then turn the TV on first then turn the cable STB on afterwards and see if that clears it up. HDMI can be finicky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/12867775

HDMI can be finicky.

Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/12867775

It could be either. Or it could be a defect in the TV too. If it happens with a different HDMI cable, then try connecting the TV with Component and try the OTA antenna and see if the problem persists.

What kind/brand/model number is your cable box? Some are known to have issues with the HDMI output. There may be a setting in the cable STB's menus that needs to be changed to suit your new TV.

Also try turning both the cable STB and the TV off, then turn the TV on first then turn the cable STB on afterwards and see if that clears it up. HDMI can be finicky.

Ok...tried that but no change...I did set up my DVD and played a movie without any dropping and connected the cable coax line directly to TV and it did not drop picture.

Oh, and Cable Box is a Motorola DCT6416 III

Cable tech coming in AM to check HDMI cable & Cable Box.

Thanks much for the excellent comments/suggestion
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.