Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I finally sold my Sony VPH1251Q and now upgraded to a Sony VPH-G70. So I spend my whole last weekend working on making the Sony VPH-G70 work. But I ran into this problem. My Blue gun just doesn't focus. The Red and Green are great.

Can anyone tell me what should I look for. I did everything the book to told me but still is very out of focus.

Please help. My sceen size is 92" widescreen and the projector has 3400 hours no sign or any burn-in.

Thanks for everyone's time helping me out.

Bill

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi Bill. I hope you get the G70 working as well as your 1251. Those pics are still some of the best I have ever seen. I can't wait to see what you can accomplish with the G70.

Anyways, I have the same problem with my Barco 1208S. However, my blue focus problem only exists on the outer edges. I have blamed most of this on the fact that my blue tube is toast (a new one is on the way), but I am now wondering if I can do better with the existing blue tube. Does burn affect focusing, or only light output?

Good luck,

John

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John for the support. I do hope I will be able to manage this Sony G70 as I did with my Sony VPH-1251Q. After talking with Terry and Curt about my problem I was able to go home and isolate the problem. They are right my EM focus was way off on the Blue CRT. After playing with the blue crt for 2 to 3 hours I was able to get a not so bad focus. Still could be better but I was going blind. This beats buying a new blue CRT. I was really relieved to learn that my blue gun is okay since I am already broke buying this Sony G70.

I am looking forward to get more calibration done today. But my eyes are killing me. The thing that keeps me going is I know when I am done I will be happy with the picture. I believe all of us here have this kind of motto.

Thank you everyone in AVS forum helping me out.

Bill

·
Registered
416 Posts
Excellent Bill! If you don't mind, could you forward me some of the info that Terry and Curt gave you. I will most likely need to perform some of the same adjustments and can use all teh help I can get! ;)

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks,

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.