AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was making an adjustment with DVE, doing the color. Then I saved, turn off tv and turn it on. The color in DVE test patern ( the one u used with the filter) changed. in the top bar the line between each color become white (via filter you can see a white line) and in bottom bar the line between each color become black.

What is wrong? those white and black lines were not there.

Can anyone help me?

Btw how to reset the tv into default factory setting?

Here is the screenshot:

in test 03 u can see clearly in top bar, the while line between yellow and light blue, the left top most edge, and in bottom a black line

Thks

· Registered
155 Posts
santodx5,

I suspect you inadvertently changed some other parameters, by hitting the wrong buttons, during your color decoder tweak. I hope you recorded all of the original values.

[8] - [ENTER] purportedly would restore factory defaults. Since I haven't done this myself, I don't know exactly what the effects will be. One theory is that it would restore your TV to the generic set of values that every 910 would have at the beginning of final production tuning, and not the individually-tuned (optimal) values for your specific TV set at the end of production test.

The best way to restore to factory defaults is to manually set every SM item back to the out-of-the-box value. In your case, get in the service menu in DVD mode, the same way that you were doing calibration before. From there, just go through each and every SM item, and bring it back to the original value.

If you did not record the values in the first place, do it now. If it were my TV, I would then try to reset by doing [8] - [ENTER] while in service mode, which could very well solve the problem. If not, you can always compare the two sets of data, then set everything back to old values (before the reset) if you want. Do [8] - [ENTER] at your own risk, because as stated earlier, I haven't tried it. In any case, I am willing to look at your data and let you know what might need to be changed.

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate,

I fixed the white line problem. it is because I played with YCDL under CCPM. My momitsu 1080i shift the picture way to the left then i scroll to the right using YCDL. I return YCDL into original value and only play with HSPO. and problem solved

ok now how bout the black lines in the bottom? is it normal? I dont quite remember if it's there before or not. the black lines only appear between red - blue and magenta - green

I have the service menu btw, so i can revert all values back to original

Thanks a lot

· Registered
111 Posts
I know this is very risky so please do the following at your own risk. Last night I was in the Service Menu making some minor geometry tweaks and, all of a sudden, my 1080i picture shifted completely to the left and looked like a 4x3 image. I used the spreadsheet in this forum to attempt to fix the problem but it didn't work so I read the Service Manual, took a deep breath and pressed "7" "Jump" "Enter", turned the TV off and back on. When it came back on the picture was back to normal, geometry and color was as good as it was "out of the box". Also, all user controls were reset to their default values. You might want to consider giving it a try. The Service Manual said that this procedure resets the RAM data. there is another procedure that resets the NVRAM data. This also includes the "7" button but - DO NOT DO THAT PROCEDURE!!!!

Again, this procedure (7-Jump-Enter) worked for me but try it at your own risk. If you do it, please post your results.

Bill

· Registered
155 Posts
Black line is not normal. Just restore everything back to out-of-the-box values, then restart your tweaks.

YCDL, HSPO are not 910 parameters. There is no such thing as CCPM category. Are we still talking about the same TV?

Personally, I don't ever touch parameters that I don't understand. If you do, prepare to see undesirable effects.

I am glad that you solved the problem.

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually i have the asia model of 34XBR910 which is KV HR36M61.

I'll try to find the problem again tonight if i cant i just reset it

which 1 is the correct 1?

8 + 0

or

7+0

I think it is 8+0. i push 8 in the service mode last night and the word 'normal' show up. this is the 1 rite?

· Registered
111 Posts
I can only speak for the U.S. model. The Service Manual states "7-Jump-Enter" to reset NV data. Pressing "8" will only reset user controls back to factory defaults which you can do from the user menu by selecting the Picture mode (Vivid, Standard, Movie or Pro) and pressing the "Reset" button for each mode. Again, I can only speak for the American model and that the above sequence reset my TV to an acceptable (but far from perfect) condition. It worked for me. I'm going to make additional adjustments this weekend but at least for now, I can watch my TV.

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i tried both it doesnt work. when i press 7 the word read show up and normal for 8. i think normal just reset the contrast, color etc to default. and 7 will read the current memory.

billmail1, when u press 7 what word appear in ur tv?

· Registered
111 Posts
If you press "8-Enter" that will reset your user settings only. When you press the "8" key, you should see the word "Reset" in the upper right corner. When you press "Enter" it will chage to red "writing it into memory, your TV will shut itself off and turn back on. You will the be prompted for the language (in my case English) and do you want to scan for channels. Select Yes and allow the TV to scan the local channels. When it's finished, close the menu screen anc check you user setting menus. They will all be set back to factory default. But like I said earlier, you can do the same thing without going into the Service Menu. I do know that my picture was completely whacked after trying to make some adjustments. I subsequently found out that I did not correctly follow the procedures contained in a zip file posted in this forum - it was definitely my fault. I had no idea what went wrong and how to correct it but the "7-Jump-Enter" sequence reset the picture geometry, convergence, and all user adjustments back to normal. I will check tonight to see what appears in the upper right of the screen when I press "7" and post it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.