AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night while trying to watch a movie on the Revue our stream would freeze every 10 minutes or so, which made watching the film impossible. I have only used the service a few times and I had not encountered that before. My friend said she saw the same thing happen, but while watching on the PC instead.

Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
While in hindsight I realize I was living my own version of "Groundhog day" with an expectation of a different outcome. Same result with HBO GO streaming as with Netflix; start out with an HD stream and just about the time I've suspended my disbelief the picture freezes momentarily then resumes. Once this has happened a few times the video stream drops to a lower picture quality.

According to Time Warner Cable technical support they cannot guarantee uninterrupted HD streaming with Roadrunner standard's 10 mbps when a router is connected.

If a subscriber insists on using a router they should upgrade to the 25 mbps Roadrunner service where available if they want uninterrupted HD streaming.

Frankly as a subscriber I am disgusted Roadrunner technical support would make such a recommendation. With no other Internet activity going on concurrently it is difficult to accept 10 mpbs with router is not robust enough for HBO GO's HD stream of 3 mbps throughput.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.