AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
As a non-HBO package subscriber, I'm getting the same message too. Perhaps the free HBO-HD ride is over because of people calling about getting Showtime-HD for free separately, being rejected, and then "complaining" that they get HBO-HD for free.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I never mentioned anything about getting HBO-HD for free when I called. Anyway, HBO-HD first showed up for me around 6 months ago 11/09/01 so maybe it was a free preview just like the SHOW-HD will be a 6 month preview.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've lost it too. I have TC with locals, when I added the HD gear they just turned on HBO-HD and HDNet. From the other threads, it looks like maybe people who were subscribed to just HBO without TC kept HBO-HD, but lost HDNet.

So now if I want HBO and SHO, it's $22 for two HD channels. I'll pass.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Anybody else hearing Dandy Don's rendition of... "Turn out the lights...." somewhere in the back of thier mind? ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hang on guys. I am not one to just say, Oh well , guess we can't call them" Well I did, and the EC stated that it somehow was not on my bill anymore (the HBO-HD, $0.00 line) he went ahead, put it back on (in his computer) called the wifey, she stated that it is back on, and she is also getting HD Net. SO call Direct, get an EC, and good luck!! Let everyone know here your results!!

PS: I kind of got the impression, that if one added SHowtime HD to your bill, after you request your c kit and request Showtime HD, it took the HBO-HD line out of their computers. That is the impression I got, in talking with the EC.

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
EC= Entertainment Consultant

HDTV, not HBO-HD, on my bill as well. To make matters more annoying, I'm paying for SD Sho that I have no interest in watching, while I wait for my Sat-C kit. After being put on hold and hung up on twice, I ordered the kit for the second time yesterday.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Alright you bunch of freeloaders--ANTI up the $10 and stop whinning (myself included). At least ShowHD is still a freebie (should be with the lack of HD being shown!).

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Hey, if I have to pay for HBO to get HBO-HD then I will. The Showtime I'm not so sure about. I think it was all a big plot. Wait till Band of Brothers is right about the midpoint, three episodes of SFU left and then pull the plug ;). That'll get those phones ringing :).

ron

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by R11
Hey, if I have to pay for HBO to get HBO-HD then I will.
Me too. Errr, prolly on Dish again though. For one thing, I believe theres more SD channels in Dish's HBO package for the ol' lady to cruise through when I'm jawing with you guys and for another I dont feel like arguing with an EC to try and get them to add a Movie channel package without subbing to Total Choice first.

So I'm an ingrate, what about it? ;)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.