AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching high-def over the air for the last three years (with an antiquated Unity Motion receiver, which has proven to be an excellent off-the-air receiver ), I finally installed a Sony HD100 so I could get both over the air and satellite high-def. Now I have a rookie question which I am sure has been answered before--does the HBO HD channel have regular hours when it broadcasts in high-def? There appeared to be nothing on that channel broadcast in high-def from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. (pacific time) last night. While I enjoyed HD Net (until my wife saw the Tropicana show and asked that I change channels) and CSI, I was dissapointed that everything on the HBO channel was 4:3 standard definition. Am I in the wrong time zone for prime time high-def from HBO?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Well I dont know if you're in the "wrong" timezone because alot of times it's just hit or miss anyway. Although yes, alot of it is geared towards the East, espescially say their "new movie every Saturday night" which is on at 9 Eastern. And why not I suppose, it is afterall HBO HD East.

Ideally the DBS satellite providers would offer HBO HD West also which is available to c-band customers for example, but neither DirecTv or Dish chooses to offer it at this time.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Tonight doesn't look good for HBO HD either, but tomorrow afternoon and evening there are several respectable HD movies, and be sure not to miss Band of Brothers at 8:50 PM, (Pacific Time) for some of the best HD you'll ever see. (Just my opinion...)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Last night, "Lassie" in HDTV started at 7:30 PM PST; and, "Small Time Crooks" in HDTV started at 9:15 PST.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.