AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was watching a thing on what was coming to HBO and sure enough Attack of The Clones is going to be shown.

Well AOTC on HBOHD should be incredible and allow us to finally see a film shot on HD in HD unless you count Friday the 13th: Jason X.

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/Sch...ETAIL&ID=85748

·
Registered
852 Posts
No reason to miss this one seeing how any times its gonna be showing. Its gonna end up being a "Darn, Attack of the clones is on again!!".

·
Registered
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fs123
No reason to miss this one seeing how any times its gonna be showing. Its gonna end up being a "Darn, Attack of the clones is on again!!".
Unfortunately, I will probably watch every showing (at least on HBO-HD) Oh, my fiance is going to kill me when she finds out its on.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hank527
Last night I was watching a thing on what was coming to HBO and sure enough Attack of The Clones is going to be shown.

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/Sch...ETAIL&ID=85748
Quick question:

Doesn't HBO normally put: HBO High Definition East when showing movies in HD? Or did I miss something?

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SamR.
Quick question:

Doesn't HBO normally put: HBO High Definition East when showing movies in HD? Or did I miss something?
HBO also has a West-HD channel that is available to C-banders. It might also be available to West coast cable watchers. The satellites have East only.

Bobby C

·
Registered
800 Posts
The DBS satellites have East only.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bobby94928
HBO also has a West-HD channel that is available to C-banders. It might also be available to West coast cable watchers. The satellites have East only.

Bobby C
My cable company shows all HBO East and West channels, giving me 16 HBOs and two HBO HD channels. All for 12 bucks a month :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Since EP2 was filmed digitally, final framing may have been done in post production. Is there a chance we may see this open-matte??

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Mind giving me a link to an explanation of video formats? Ie: open-matte, super35 etc...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
wake me up when eppie 4 & 5 are shown! I actually watched 10 minutes of eppie two. Then I stopped because I couldn't stand the dialogue.

Darius

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Well, you deservingly missed out then.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Lol, I wish we were all "deservingly" spared from the dialogue of Ep2.

Any chance of a new DVD without a dialogue track?:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know what is with you people here and others i know that talk about the dialogue about the first 2 episodes can't you guys get it that this is not episodes 4,5,and 6 this is a whole different time there is no witty reparte no scoundrels like han solo these are real jedi not like luke who have been trained dare i say it almost like vulcans an no not SPOCK hes half human and before in ep4 and 5 you same prople were giving luke a hard time about his dialogue and now you think luke's word are heaven sent . Come on stop analysing a great movie and a great expierence and enjoy it for what it is and what it will be the greatest 6 movies argurably of all time pure fun and a great way to spend 2 or so hours watching each chapter !!!!!!

SORRY about the rant but I had to get that of my chest ?

NOW back to the subject ,I can't wait to see this on HBOHD

Dailogue and all !!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
About the only thing good in the 2 episodes so far have been the fact that the DVD's give my Sub a nice work out...

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Hey tspaceace68 are you writing this in your star wars jammies, hugging your baby Yoda? Give me a break! Greatest movies of all time? Please!!

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
Are you guys sure AOTC will be shown in the HD channel?

I went to the HBO web site and seached their schedule. It lists many show times and channels for AOTC starting June 14th, but NONE of the listings are shown as being on the HBO HD channel.

It shows AOTC will be on HBO E, HBO LATINO EAST, and that's it.

As a comparision I checked for other movies that they show in HD, such as High Crimes. When searching for this it shows many more HBO channels that High Crims is being shown on, including HBO HD EAST.

What gives? I want to plan a get together to have some friends over to watch AOTC, so its important for me to figure out in advance exactly what date/times it will be shown in HD so I can plan it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Yes it is going to Happen, There were a few posts on this already. It was discussed along with Spiderman, and as we have seen Spiderman was shown in HD.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Hey guys, lighten up on the personal attacks ok?

At any rate, just type Clones into the search box and you'll find plenty of threads on this. The only question remains is how badly butchered it will be. I hope Lucas lays down the law and tells HBO to lay-off, but I'm not expecting anything.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.