AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just a rash of poor transfers being shown but it sure seems to me that the picture quality has dropped a few notches this past week.

Coincidental with the "call x721 to order" ??

I'm seeing quite a bit of the "film grain" look being more noticeable on all the movies I've tuned in to view.

Bob

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Bob,

I have not noticed a change. Some of the transfers are great some of them awful with all gradations between. I just got SHOH figured out, ten calls to DTV and as many hours of frustration, and I have not seen anything on 543 as good as the best of 509. Once again probably just the variability of software. Art

·
Registered
488 Posts
Interesting. Just yesterday evening I watched BAD BOYS on HBO HD and the video and audio were nothing short of sensational. Maybe it is just the material being shown determining the quality.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Lloyd
I have not seen anything on 543 as good as the best of 509.
Make sure you check out "Sleepy Hollow" on Sho-HD tonight at 11:30 PM EST.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Vic, Vic, so young, so energetic. I just hope thaqt I am still semi-vertical by that hour. Thanks for the tip. I will check it out. Art

·
Registered
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz

Make sure you check out "Sleepy Hollow" on Sho-HD tonight at 11:30 PM EST.

Also, "Apocalaypse Now Redux" is on at 8pm EST.

BHeld,

I've had my HD STB for over a month now, and I think you're seeing the variation in quality from movie to movie. I also thought this past week paled in comparison to prior weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone else experience audio drop-outs on the 5.1 last nite?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.